Quantcast
Unwanted Advertising - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Unwanted Advertising

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    many of us began as paying vendors before ads were ever a problem and had been led to believe that since the beginning, ads would not be present. At the time of the sale, that was reiterated, and yet here we stand. I, for one, am more irritated by the dishonesty than the ads.
    If that's the case the ads should be removed immediately. It's bad business otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Andy View Post
    Chances are good that someone who is not a member and is looking in a vendor's subforum would not even see competing advertisements. As I said it's based (not entirely) on what the user who is looking at the page commonly looks for. There is still a chance since its also based on where the ads are. It is more likely to see kitchen related ads on KKF.
    It's not a question of them being competing or not, although competing is obviously worse. The issue is paying for a sub-forum and then losing all control over what your customers or potential customers are exposed to. It just doesn't fly.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Burls View Post
    It's not a question of them being competing or not, although competing is obviously worse. The issue is paying for a sub-forum and then losing all control over what your customers or potential customers are exposed to. It just doesn't fly.
    I understand that completely. I think they should be removed, I was just pointing that out so that people don't make rash decisions. I really don't want to see anyone leave because of this.

Chances are good that someone who is not a member and is looking in a vendor's subforum would not even see competing advertisements. As I said it's based (not entirely) on what the user who is looking at the page commonly looks for. There is still a chance since its also based on where the ads are. It is more likely to see kitchen related ads on KKF.
    I think the adds are the same throughout the forum.. Based on the screen shots and adds that I have seen myself the unwanted adds are the same on mine as on yours. Not based on individual search records. I may be wrong. But either way THIS SUCKS!!!

I mean what are the odds that I would see the same board add as Boardsmith. I dont search for boards. OR I would see a add about symptoms and some weird comic guy? Like I saw on a screen shot from another member??

I also think the placement is terrible. If it was a single banner add on top of each page, and not directly in my post. Like something I added. It might take a little of the sting out of this. But these are very intrusive and really screwed that they are adds to other sellers of the exact same products and services we PAY to offer here.

Nuf said.
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I understand that completely. I think they should be removed, I was just pointing that out so that people don't make rash decisions. I really don't want to see anyone leave because of this.
    I'm afraid that if it's not fixed you just might.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

I'm certain it will be fixed, it's not worth the ad revenue if vendors are going to leave because of it. I just don't know fast it will be fixed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-13-13-39-26.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	22225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-13-18-31-15.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	22226Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-13-18-28-04.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	42.6 KB 
ID:	22227Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-13-18-32-08.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	22228
    Nice.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/

I am not trying to stir the pot but for context and perspective of the negative reaction, this was an exchange that took place when the transfer of ownership took place:

Quote Originally Posted by apicius9 View Post
    Welcome Austin, Glad to hear you have some connection to our topic and intend to keep things as they are because I think they have been great so far. Also glad to see that Dave gets a break, I am sure he can use it.

That said, I may be a bit naive when it comes to business things, so I am just asking 'What's in it for you?', i.e. what does a company get from buying forums. Will there be advertising? Fees? Trading of 'customer information'? Just curious,

Stefan

PS You guys all type faster than I can on my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I do not, have not, and will never sell information. I see that a violation of trust. Advertising will not change, fees will not change.
    Quote Originally Posted by wsfarrell View Post
    As a guess, ads are coming:

Group Builder Advertise
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    We will not be adding advertisements, the Vendor relationship setup Dave has fostered will suffice, no additional ads or increase in rates will be done.
    I would hate the presence of ads on the site to become an issue similar to what precipitated the creation of this forum and the valuable Vendor relationships that Dave has fostered, which the members and owners of the forum have benefited from.

Just wanted to say I support add removal. Between add block and membership status I never see any adverts here or anywhere else. Maybe the wild west cheep free content days are almost over, but I would never use a website that looks as terrible as those screen shots....am I spoiled?
    I can say that my friends who stream on twitch or youtube tell me you need 100,000+ daily unique views to pay the bills off adverts alone. I can't imagine this is worth losing a fight over. But its also a new business venture for Austin and, giving him a day to run the numbers and realize that seems fair.