Quantcast
Unwanted Advertising - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unwanted Advertising

I would hate to see anyone leave over this. I'm sure there's an acceptable compromise that can be made. Hopefully people just cool off a bit and don't do anything hastily.

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Andy View Post
    I would hate to see anyone leave over this. I'm sure there's an acceptable compromise that can be made. Hopefully people just cool off a bit and don't do anything hastily.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Andy View Post
    Couldnt have said it better. Completely agree with you Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by The BoardSMITH View Post
    Didn't know a visitor could log in.

However, having an ad show up in my sub-forum that directly competes with me is crappy beyond belief. I don't pay for the sub-forum with the intent to help some amateur promote his business at my expense. I am just about two seconds from dumping KKF entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Burls View Post
    Boardsmith started a thread about seeing advertisements on threads in his forum. I see them on mine too, but only when I'm not logged in. What's going on? Quite frankly, this is unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by The BoardSMITH View Post
    ALL the vendors who pay for their sub-forum have been thrown under the bus by the insertion of ads for competitive goods in their sub-forums by companies who have no ties to KKF. The only resolution would be to cease all the intrusive competitive ads immediately.

I have to agree. I have waited a day to say anything in hopes Austin would say it is a terrible mistake and fix it. But based on his one post I see in this thread. He has not.

This has got to be changed or many of us. If not the majority of the vendors will not be here for long..

This just sucks! and you as well as everyone who is a paying vendor or sight supporter etc should be outraged by these adds.

Im just getting more mad as I type this so I will stop for now. But I did want to make it known that I agree this is unacceptable and THIS SUCKS!!!!!

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I agree they should be removed from vendors subforums. However I do think you guys should realize that it's not like Austin chose specifically to put competing ads in your forums, he has no control over what ads show up. What you do on the internet determines what ads you will see.

The clear course of action would be to remove the ads from the vendor's subforums only. They pay for the subforums, there shouldn't be changes to their subforums without their consent. I'm not sure if its possible to remove ads just from vendor subforums however.

The way the ads appear, it makes it look like a signature or part of something that was posted by the members here. If I was a visitor and was lurking/looking for a knife or cutting board and see those ads I would probably click on them thinking it was a member's site.

Quote Originally Posted by Talim View Post
    The way the ads appear, it makes it look like a signature or part of something that was posted by the members here. If I was a visitor and was lurking/looking for a knife or cutting board and see those ads I would probably click on them thinking it was a member's site.
    Exactly. That's why they have to go.
    Please visit my store at www.dreamburls.com Imagine the possibilities!
    Email me at service@dreamburls.com
    Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/dream.burls
    All sales are backed with a no questions asked money back guarantee.

I think the ads are very annoying that's why I finally became a member of KKF

Quote Originally Posted by Talim View Post
    Chances are good that someone who is not a member and is looking in a vendor's subforum would not even see competing advertisements. As I said it's based (not entirely) on what the user who is looking at the page commonly looks for. There is still a chance since its also based on where the ads are. It is more likely to see kitchen related ads on KKF.

Sponsors
    many of us began as paying vendors before ads were ever a problem and had been led to believe that since the beginning, ads would not be present. At the time of the sale, that was reiterated, and yet here we stand. I, for one, am more irritated by the dishonesty than the ads.