Quantcast
Unwanted Advertising - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Unwanted Advertising

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    Originally Posted by Austin
    We will not be adding advertisements, the Vendor relationship setup Dave has fostered will suffice, no additional ads or increase in rates will be done.

I had forgotten about that. Looks like in addition to being thrown under the bus a swift kick in the groin has also taken place.

Please don't decide to leave until Austin has another chance to fix this! I'm certain he will. You make this site a better place.

At this point it's more an ethical debate. I remember reading the above quoted thread back when the sale was first discussed. The better route would have been discussing openly on the forum what form advertising should take. The current ads in the vendors forum are bordering on insulting, and is rather underhanded methinks. I'm not trying to poke the bees nest here. But an apology and removal of said ads is needed at the least IMO.
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

Of course it would have been better to discuss them first. Don't know why Austin didn't. Clearly a bad decision.

Administrator
    Just to let you guys know, I hear you, and I will get it taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Just to let you guys know, I hear you, and I will get it taken care of.
    Thank you
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Austin,

That is awesome to hear. All the vendors have put in a lot of sweat equity making this forum so great.

I think a good idea next time a big change is contemplated you should at a minimum reach out to every sub-forum owner and give them an advanced heads up and ask for their feedback. It is their best interest to make this site work for you too; and they may have some good ideas for raising the revenue you were looking for that they could be OK with.

Still Plays With Blocks
    Home Furnishings Capital of the World, High Point, NC
    I wanted to post this here since the membership can see this.

I told Austin I have decided to stay, mainly for the community that is here and the positive support I have received through my business email account. Every email has been positive and is greatly appreciated.

The reason I came to KKF in the first place was because of an invite from Dave after the meltdown at KF three (?) years ago. Dave and I have been friends, business associates and customers of each other for almost 7 to 8 years of the 9 I have been in business. In those years I have to come to know a great number of you guys either from face-to-face meetings, through phone calls or forum conversations. My sub-forum does supply some business but not enough to warrant the dollar expenditure. So I was a little over protective when I saw an ad for an amateur placed within one of my posts. So I reacted. My reaction was not meant to be disruptive or cause anyone to leave just because I did but was just my way of saying I didn't appreciate the intrusion. Austin said he would kill the ads and maybe look for other means to raise revenue from the forum which I support. Without that revenue there is no real reason to stay in business.

Thanks for all the well wishes as I was laid up with the stomach bug. It was awful and I am still feeling some of the effects but am on the mend.

Great News!! I'm going to have to celebrate by ordering a large walnut board for my June B-day.

Glad you stayed. I totally understand your view and I'm happy to hear this was resolved.
    Starting this harvest I'm a starving startling artist/
    Lyrical arsonist it's arduous spitting this smartest arsenic/