Quantcast
Does the USPS creed still apply?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does the USPS creed still apply?

Does the USPS creed still apply?

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"

I know that is used to work this way but in my neighborhood, since the old carrier retired a couple of years ago, not so much.

Everything that i've ever had shipped to me VIA USPS has arrived in a timely manner, about when I expected it. Keep in mind I'm in Canada, so CPS does the last leg of the delivery.

They still do that here in Cincinnati.

I would say almost always, except today. I have about a foot of snow on my road and I dont think that little truck has 4 wheel drive

Whoever said that was most definitely not from North Carolina

Nope, not yesterday or today.

We got our mail today. He made it through all the snow, ice, etc.

When I first moved up here the old timer postman assigned to us came out once in a blizzard to make a pickup. He climbed up over a 4ft mound of snow 4 times to carry all of the packages out to his van and never once complained, even thanked me for my business! Well he's retired and we've gone through more than a few undesirables since then and the only thing that I can count on from my current postman is not to count on him at all.

I still think the post office (overall) does a good job in getting my stuff out and delivered in good form but the postmen I see really make me wonder.

Oh, one another thing about USPS that drives me nuts is how they change their damn website every 6 months or so (it seems). Just when the glitches from the last change get fixed they put up a whole new site with new glitches galore. They must have a whole department there just making up work for themselves to do or something, it's beyond ridiculous what they come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    When I first moved up here the old timer postman assigned to us came out once in a blizzard to make a pickup. He climbed up over a 4ft mound of snow 4 times to carry all of the packages out to his van and never once complained, even thanked me for my business! Well he's retired and we've gone through more than a few undesirables since then and the only thing that I can count on from my current postman is not to count on him at all.

I still think the post office (overall) does a good job in getting my stuff out and delivered in good form but the postmen I see really make me wonder.
    I have to agree with you on the old timers. I had a post lady that delivered mail till I think 70 (or at least looked like it) and she was forced to retire. We now have a new post lady, and well.... lets just say she is inconsistent at best.

+ Reply to Thread