Sanding discs - which and where?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apicius9

Das HandleMeister
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had ordered from Supergrits for some time but the last few times had a few annoying things, like belts that were not the right size (6"x 50"?), and discs that would not adhere. They told me to stick them in a microwave, but I'd rather just buy some that work as intended. So, where do you guys get 9" and 12" discs (around 100 grit). Oh, and what's the best way to get the residue off the disc when you change them? I think I also need a few more belts in 6x48, but since I rarely deal with metal, except for thin spacers, most good quality ones work for me there.

Thanks,

Stefan

Stefan - try Klingspor's Woodworking at www.woodworkingshop.com. They carry everything and have great customer service as well. Look through their catalogue and you'll find all kinds of wood working goodies.

Add a +1 for Klingspor's Woodworking Shop.

I have a few different woodworking supply vendors that I like for different products but when it comes to belts, Klingspor is my go to. Klingspor is actually an abrasive manufacturer, and (I have always assumed) the woodworking shop is their retail branch, I think. They have great service and a good selection.

I find it hard to get adhesive backed discs here in Oz and have had to resort to hook and loop system.Initially i was worried that the extra padding would make it very hard to get things square but it hasnt proved to be a drama.In one way i am glad as removing the adhesive was a Pain.Best method i found was gentle scraping with a 30mm chisel.Acetone got gummy and messy and turpentine hardly did anything.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but can anyone tell me where can I buy 12" disc with hooks? I mean that disk that sticks to the machine and then you stick abrasive disks with hook and loop to it. I don't know proper name for this thing and thus can't find online :-\

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but can anyone tell me where can I buy 12" disc with hooks? I mean that disk that sticks to the machine and then you stick abrasive disks with hook and loop to it. I don't know proper name for this thing and thus can't find online :-\

Carbatec or Hare and Forbes sell them here in Oz.Not sure if they post overseas though.

Klingspor's carries a 12" hook and loop disc.

It's called velcro.

Back