hello from louisiana

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsalisbury863

Reaction score
Im a cook in louisiana and regularly use kitchen knives to say the least. I'm quite particular and my taste has definitely evolved over the years cooking. im looking forward to many interesting discussions on these forums and furthering my knowledge on the subject. thanks,

will

Welcome aboard, Will! My wife and I just were just in New Orleans last week! We had a spectacular time!

Welcome, I'm in Nola, where are you at?

I was at Cochon for a long time, and moved over to Peche when we opened. My lady worked for Besh for years, part of it for Alon. I only know a couple of people over there now.

I hope you are liking it, Joey Mac is a good guy and former LRG pastry Mike is over there too. That guy makes obscenely good bread, I miss his baguettes. Craig, I probably know your exec, that was the time period of Domenicans I knew.

I very briefly took a job at Domenica a few years ago because we did 420 covers during my stage & Danny McBride walked through the kitchen.

It felt like destiny.

... then I realized you weren't allowed to smoke during your shift (which I was doing heavily back then - like most of New Orleans) & the staff seemed not so happy to put politely

I don't know if you could say my priorities were right at the time. :laugh: That oxtail & fried chicken liver dish is killer though.

Welcome to KKF

yep, this is my second time around with domenica. its a great kitchen with great chefs. can't ask for more.

Back