Seattle International Knife Show

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,
I will be at the show. Is anybody planning to attend?

M

I'll be trying to make it up from Portland

I'm going to make every effort to attend. Depending how life is at that moment I may train or drive it. I'm due for a road trip and wouldn't mind a little photo safari on the way. I'll fly if I have to.

If I'm still in Portland and not in Hawaii, I'm totally going!

I will have a cutting board at the show and some stuff to cut (maybe not onions, as those could fill the whole room with the smell pretty fast, :) ) at the table, so if you guys want to stop and do some cutting, you are welcome.

I will also have my DMT setup: 1.2K, 4K, 8K, felt and leather strops, and 1M spray for you to play with.

I plan to bring some 180-250mm gyutos, 150mm honesuki, 170-210mm nakiri, 8" breaking knife, 13" scimitar, some 270-300mm sujis in both stainless and carbon. For stainless, I am going to use PM#1 and PM#2 steels. Both steels in sharpness and edge retention resemble 52100. Knives will have a good mix of western and wa handles, but probably more western. Western handle knives will come with leather sheaths, wa handle knives with wooden sayas.

For folks flying from Australia to attend the show, a discount! :)

Marko

I will have knives in the following geometries at the show to check out and to test cutting - S grind, standard convex, heavy convex and asymmetric convex (last one provided I have time to complete). I will be staying at the hotel where show will be held, so I am not sure if I can find my way around to get some produce for cutting, but folks who plan on coming by car or who are local would like to bring some stuff to cut, please do. I think we might have to limit to things that are not messy or smelly like onions, potatoes and sweet potatoes would probably be sufficient -you should get an idea how each of these geometries will perform on most things, soft and hard.

I have to work all weekend so sadly I won't be able to make the drive up from Portland. Good luck!

I have to work all weekend so sadly I won't be able to make the drive up from Portland. Good luck!

I will be in Seattle from Thursday late afternoon, so if you want to stop by, email me and I will send you my phone number.

M

Please make a lot of picture. If there will be something left will you offer it on kkf?

Was great to meet you Marko! Thanks for conversations. It was really enlightening and I learned some great stuff from you guys. Also, thank you for the knife! I really wanted to grab the S-grind till I realized I ran out of spending money. PM you about sending you the rest of the money.

IMG_1083_zps224993e5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
wish I had a better camera, but wanted to share Marko's beauty.

IMG_1066_zps49e46635.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
These were all that were left by the second day. Sorry about the horrible picture quality again.

Here is my 320 Suji next to my Samsung S4 for comparison. This knife is so incredible nimble for such a long bugger. Can't wait to cut up some protein with it

It was great to attend the show, to meet some KKF folks, to see Hoss and to make some connection with knife makers from all over the United States.

Seeing so much of amazing work made me want to learn more, so starting this summer I will be taking classes in forging, folders making, damascus making, swords making and other things. Kitchen knives will remain my main interest, but I would like to expand my horizon with things that I find personally appealing. Besides, the new skills will be transferable to kitchen knives, as for instance forging will lead to blades with integral bolsters that I hope to be able to offer by fall-winter of 2014.

Overall, I am very glad I attended the show and I plan to attend it again next year.

Thanks again to those of you who came by my table.

Marko

Erik "Shrek" Fritz;297553 said:
Marko, it was great meeting you at the show.

Hey Erik! Nice to see you on the KKF. Was really nice to meet you at the show.

Marko

Marko, great to meet you at the show and to purchase that awesome suji from you. Thinking I should have ordered the saya from you then.

John,
Custom saya is an option, but I will need the blade for fitting.

M

Back