Website redesign!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larrin

Reaction score
We have relaunched! http://www.devinthomas.com The website was redesigned by Dillard George, who also created the last iteration of the website. The redesign offers several new features:

The biggest change is that it now uses responsive web design. That means that the website automatically scales based on the device that is being used. This is different from having a separate mobile site that has half of the website and barely functions. With responsive design it's the same website but the content is scaled and arranged based on orientation, screen size, resolution, etc. It also adjusts based on connection speed so that the site always loads quickly. The site is now easily usable on everything from budget smartphones with 3" screens up to 30" high resolution monitors, and everything in between.

The website has a simplified page structure with fewer pages. This makes it easier to find things, and makes it easier to avoid getting lost. Everything is simpler. The new version requires less maintenance and lower hosting costs.

The design has been modernized, and looks cleaner than ever. Low-res images have been dropped to keep everything looking sharp.

wow sounds like a better deal all around. For you guys, and the potential customer.

Really nice. One small suggestion, the photos of the Damascus patterns are in alphabetical order, but when you click on the steel you want the "available patterns" are not alphabetical.

A couple of question's too. You give pricing per inch have you thought about changing it to CM (or having both) since that's the measurement most purchases think in. Also, is the measurement after the price the size of the pattern repeat?

Really nice. One small suggestion, the photos of the Damascus patterns are in alphabetical order, but when you click on the steel you want the "available patterns" are not alphabetical.

A couple of question's too. You give pricing per inch have you thought about changing it to CM (or having both) since that's the measurement most purchases think in. Also, is the measurement after the price the size of the pattern repeat?
Thank you for the suggestions, Bill. The measurement after the price is the thickness and width of the bar of steel, it is unrelated to the pattern.

Love the new website! It's very easy to navigate, straight forward, and shows the passion Hoss has for making knives. Well done.

Looks and feels great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As an example of how important responsive web design can be:

Januray 2012:
desktop - 84.37%
mobile - 9.28%
tablet - 6.34%

January 2013:
desktop - 74.05%
mobile - 14.09%
tablet - 11.86%

January 2014:
desktop - 64.52%
mobile - 21.63%
tablet - 13.85%

In two years desktop visitors dropped from 84 to 65 percent!

If I could make one suggestion... An "Available Knives" page, full of Hoss' beautiful kitchen knives for sale would be great! :justkidding: it looks awesome! Nice work

Thanks Dillard and Larrin for helping me. I'm not good with web sites and such.

Hoss

Your welcome Hoss, always a pleasure working on your website and thanks everyone for the kind comments I am glad you all like the redesign.

The website has elegant design and is easy to navigate. I enjoyed reading the FAQ section - some interesting info on the AEB-L (makes me even more to get a knife made out of it :) ).

So yes - I like the new design :)

Back