do you still drink milk?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boomchakabowwow

Reaction score
i dont. i dont even put it on cereal anymore.

having a big glass of cold milk never registers with me anymore. not even with cookies or brownies :)

i just watched a man order a glass of milk at lunch with his burger. very foreign to me. i think i got one glass when i was younger than 10 yrs old..it came early and it came less than cold. bleech..turned me off of milk from restaurants forever.

i do drizzle some half-half in my coffee if it is scorching hot. i eat cheeses, yogurts-plain..cottage cheese. just dont drink milk. i do use it as an ingredient. i dont remember the last time i bought anything more than a quart of milk. a gallon..wow, been a long time.

cereal? soy or almond "milk".

you?

my coworker just got a call from the wife. he had to run to the store. he said he buys 4 gallons at a time..for his kids!! WOW!

Not as much anymore but with cookies or brownies or anything of the sort its a necessity as well as some half and half in my coffee

^yea. cookies!!

as an asian man..i think statistically, i should be lactose intolerant. i like milk..just never drink it. weird.

I don't drink as much milk as I did when I was a kid but I still go through at least a gallon a week

I drink at least a liter a day. Couldn't live without milk.

nothing like a good milk shake or a good glass of chocolate milk

I'm lactose intolerant and I drink about 1L of milk a day. when I was young one glass would make me sick, not anymore :biggrin:

I stopped drinking milk years ago when I was trying to lose weight and found that when I went back to it I couldn't touch the stuff - not even ice cream!

gas_ass.jpg

I drink every day, as well as I eat home made yogurt as well
I am from Europe so no lactose problems

Hahaha Dave. That's awful tho, I dunno what I would do without milk.

I don't usually drink milk straight, but I do put it in coffee every now and then (or half-and-half if available), and I froth some every morning for my cappucino.

Besides that, I get it indirectly through cheeses, yogurt, etc.

Cottage cheese, yogurt, cheese of all sorts, but never milk. Hate the taste! Always have.

Love milk. I use it on my Golden Grahams and now and then will have a tall one.

I have not had a glass of milk in a long time either. I too use it in cooking, and I eat milk products, mainly cheese, and a bit of cottage cheese in my lasagna.
I even stay away from ice cream and shakes now. I drink coffee black, so not any cream either. I think about a little ice cream or even a shake now and then, but I always change my mind. I do enjoy a bit of sour cream now and then.
So I guess I would say you are not alone.
I remember when I was quite young starting to eat hot oatmeal, rather than cold cereal, because I could have it without milk. I might have been 7 or 8.
I has ice cream when I was older than that, but I seem to have lost the taste for it.
Del

I am not really a fan of straight milk, but we eat custards 2-3 times a month. I make alot of ice cream and coffee as well, so we use a fair amount of milk. If I do get a pop tart, which I haven't eaten one in many years, it just doesnt taste good with any thing besides a glass of milk. I like 2% in my cappuccino more than whole milk.

I stopped all dairy about a year ago for the most part (on a rare occasion, I have a slice of pizza, a cheese on a burger or cream in a sauce or soup), and don't miss it at all. I also don't eat pasta or bread and no processed sugar. Energy-wise I feel so much better.

As long as it's steamed and has espresso in it.......

Every morning with cereal, and a splash in the coffee. Switched to 2% about 10 years ago, man I miss whole milk. My daughter had a friend over whose family only buys skim milk, when she had 2% she was like wow!! why does your milk taste so good.

Milk is for baby cows.

i LOVE soy though...

Every morning with cereal, and a splash in the coffee. Switched to 2% about 10 years ago, man I miss whole milk. My daughter had a friend over whose family only buys skim milk, when she had 2% she was like wow!! why does your milk taste so good.

Skim milk is stuff of the devil. Such a waste of good milk.

I stayed away from milk for a while, but I drink it in small quantities now or use it to make my breakfast shakes on mornings when I'm in a rush (or lazy). I can only drink organic milk though - regular "factory milk" makes my gut seriously wonky. It's not the lactose because organic milk has that, and I'm totally fine with yogurts and cheeses.

Used to drink a lot of soy milk, but chose to move away from that. Still like the asian soy milk with the soy bean taste for a treat though :)

PS. I drink whole milk. What's with that skimmed milk stuff? :D

No milk for me thank you!! I do eat cheese occasionally and plain Greek yogurt, some fresh ice cream a couple times a year, but that's about it. I use it for cooking occasionally, but I substitute almond, or coconut when I can. For cereal I water down some fruit juice 50/50.

I drink at least a gallon a week. We go through at least 4-5 gallons a week between 4 of us in the family with the 16 month old drinking probably 2 gallons of whole milk. I drink mainly skim but sometimes mix the whole with skim.

Whole milk is still reduced to only 3% fat or so.

The food co-op here sells some dank raw milk. I switch between drinking milk or kefir.

Back