Quantcast
Upcoming Changes - Please Read
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes - Please Read

Upcoming Changes - Please Read

I have started on several knives and completed two. I have been pleased with an outcome, so I decided to expedite a transition from a custom accessories maker to a part-time knife maker.

I will have to limit taking customization orders, and eventually phase it out. Customizing is a very time intensive process and it cuts heavily into the little free time I have. I will also have to raise prices for my custom work. This will likely result in fewer orders, but more prompt production time and more time for making knives, try new ideas, etc.

I formed a business association with Devin Thomas who will be supply me with his steel (San Mai, damascus) and who is licensing to me his heat treatment process. I am working with Devin on a couple of new tool steels and optimized heat treatment for those, so I am very excited. Working with Devin has been a privilege.

I will do all work in-house in a one-person shop, so all knives will be customs.

Geometry and profiles on my knives are heavily influenced by my favorite makers, Japanese and American. I have spent some time studying them and look at their knives for reference every day. I approach making knives as a user first, then as a maker.

I will continue making some accessories, such as boards, racks, strops, etc. but I will not be taking custom order for those. They will be available for sale when I make them.

I have appreciated your support and encouragement and patience. I hope I won’t disappoint you with my new work,

Thanks,

Marko

PS: I need to do major content change on my site, to reflect these upcoming changes. All orders placed up to now will be honored under terms agreed.

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Sounds like progress to me! Good luck in your new ventures.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

Best of luck on your new venture Marko!

This is exciting. Will be looking forward to seeing your product; maybe in person some time!

Sounds great! I can't wait to check out your work.

That sounds exciting, I look forward to seeing your knives and iother offers as they come up. Good luck,

Stefan

Congratulations on taking the big step, Marko. Looking forward to seeing your work in the future.

I knew I should have sent that Doi to you for an ebony handle and saya...

Rick

Good luck sir.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Good luck sir.

k.
    Thanks guys! See in in Knife Makers Subforum.

M

"If there’s something worth doing, it’s worth overdoing.” - An US saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

Very cool. Good luck.
    -M