Upcoming Changes - Please Read

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
I have started on several knives and completed two. I have been pleased with an outcome, so I decided to expedite a transition from a custom accessories maker to a part-time knife maker.

I will have to limit taking customization orders, and eventually phase it out. Customizing is a very time intensive process and it cuts heavily into the little free time I have. I will also have to raise prices for my custom work. This will likely result in fewer orders, but more prompt production time and more time for making knives, try new ideas, etc.

I formed a business association with Devin Thomas who will be supply me with his steel (San Mai, damascus) and who is licensing to me his heat treatment process. I am working with Devin on a couple of new tool steels and optimized heat treatment for those, so I am very excited. Working with Devin has been a privilege.

I will do all work in-house in a one-person shop, so all knives will be customs.

Geometry and profiles on my knives are heavily influenced by my favorite makers, Japanese and American. I have spent some time studying them and look at their knives for reference every day. I approach making knives as a user first, then as a maker.

I will continue making some accessories, such as boards, racks, strops, etc. but I will not be taking custom order for those. They will be available for sale when I make them.

I have appreciated your support and encouragement and patience. I hope I won’t disappoint you with my new work,

Thanks,

Marko

PS: I need to do major content change on my site, to reflect these upcoming changes. All orders placed up to now will be honored under terms agreed.

Sounds like progress to me! Good luck in your new ventures.

This is exciting. Will be looking forward to seeing your product; maybe in person some time!

Sounds great! I can't wait to check out your work.

That sounds exciting, I look forward to seeing your knives and iother offers as they come up. Good luck,

Stefan

Congratulations on taking the big step, Marko. Looking forward to seeing your work in the future.

I knew I should have sent that Doi to you for an ebony handle and saya...

Rick

From all high end knifenuts across the world: THANK YOU!

With your knowledge of kitchenknives, your skills, your passion, your perfection and your passion this will be knives out of this world.
Joining up with Devin and Larrin just means super high end knives for nuts like me :)

Cool news Marko, I know that you'll kick butt in your new endeavor.

Hey folks, thank you. It happened a bit faster than I would like, but circumstanced dictated it.

Just ordered more steel (hear me Michael?), should be here on Monday next week. Love the proximity to Ohio.

I am anxious to see folks step up and filll the void in saya making and other custom accessories making.

M

So when do you think you'll be ready to take any knife orders? I would love to be on board for a new gyuto.

Best of fortune to you, Marko! Your previous work will stand you in good stead!

He has started taking orders ;)

Not true, but I will offer knives for sale that make a cut. :)

I would like to explore things and make a few knives to mine liking.

I ordered another kiln (unfortunately, I don't have an easy access to a stove for tempering) and am on a lookout for another dewar with a wider neck. The current will accept knives up to 2 inches wide.

Other than that, I have all tools I need.

M

Your work will speak for itself. I can't wait to give one a try!

Your work will speak for itself. I can't wait to give one a try!

Thanks, Tom -
I will see where it will take me. For one thing, I would like to experiment with handle shape and construction I haven't made before.

M

Back