Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The best restaurant in the world, Noma - Pictures

The best restaurant in the world, Noma - Pictures

Thanks for the link, beautiful..... So it's not el bulli or fat duck anymore ?

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

It's Noma, at least according to:
    http://www.theworlds50best.com/awards/1-50-winners

Didn't El Bulli close?

I don't think I saw one dish that I recognized. I mean, I couldn't even tell what that stuff was!

One photo appears to be of one of Noma's signature dishes, Radishes in Edible Soil. Really, edible soil!

Well, that's what it's called -- it's a concoction made with malt flour, ground hazelnuts, etc., or so I'm told.
    Doug Collins
    Hermosa Beach, California

If this is the best restaurant in the world, Im muslim Santa Claus.
    And I dont know how this kind of food could be better than what you get in Maze. [Just fits my stomach better.]
    Would even say that L'arpege is place that I would love to eat more than Noma. Im very happy it made it back on the list.
    But what happened to Maze in Saint-Pellegrinos list makes me wonder how much each of those restaurants are paying for the empty slot? Especially when Hibiscus is there. I was working in England when they moved the restauant from where it was, Shropshire? Most of the staff moved with the restaurant, but they lost Michelin lately.
    You tell me it doesnt happen?
    My restaurant in London fell out off TimesEatingOut guide after chef refused to pay the tribute.

I dunno, man, that foam on the plate makes me think that the server coughed on the food.
    Spike C
    "The Buddha resides as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain."
    Pirsig

food and ambiance are so subjective, that to say one restaurant is the best in the world is like saying, royal blue is the best color in the world. (which to me it is) or shun makes the best knives in the world. (don't wanna step on any toes, exept shun)

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by bieniek View Post
    If this is the best restaurant in the world, Im muslim Santa Claus.
    And I dont know how this kind of food could be better than what you get in Maze. [Just fits my stomach better.]
    Would even say that L'arpege is place that I would love to eat more than Noma. Im very happy it made it back on the list.
    But what happened to Maze in Saint-Pellegrinos list makes me wonder how much each of those restaurants are paying for the empty slot? Especially when Hibiscus is there. I was working in England when they moved the restauant from where it was, Shropshire? Most of the staff moved with the restaurant, but they lost Michelin lately.
    You tell me it doesnt happen?
    My restaurant in London fell out off TimesEatingOut guide after chef refused to pay the tribute.
    I think those are some pretty big accusations to make when you have no evidence at all that you have to pay to get your slot. The Fat Duck, Noma, all those restaurants are on an extremely high level where personal preference is going to be the deciding factor. However the "influential group of over 800 international leaders in the restaurant industry, each selected for their expert opinion of the international restaurant scene." have deemed Noma to be the best, two years running.

I didnt accuse anybody or any business of doing anything and it isnt written in there that i did. Im wondering though how much money that may be, if el bulli was producing 1 million Euro debt every year?
    Look. I think its most fair if you go by Michelin rating.
    NO. i dont think its the best in the world, YES, i heard rumours that they tend to favourize french cuisine more.
    But the rules to get stars are uniformal, maybe not the judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew H View Post
    "influential group of over 800 international leaders in the restaurant industry, each selected for their expert opinion of the international restaurant scene." have deemed Noma to be the best, two years running.
    ...Yeah