Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New JNS and Stones

I absolutely love my JNS 800... and this is my sweet spot as far as grit rating.

Have you tried permasoaking it Maxim & if so, how does it hold up? In the video it looks a lot less thirsty than the 800 but I am curious if it would be okay to soak.

Maxim: However, the JNS 800, though made like the JNS red, should be soaked, right? The 800 is a soaker but the red is splash-n-go that can be soaked. Correct?

Maxim - you didn't say, and so I think the answer is no, but does the new JNS red contain any natural stone material in it?

No it will make no sense to add Natural material in to the synthetic stone as it will act like synthetic anyway.
    Please read my guide about it here http://www.japanesenaturalstones.com...s-and-hardnes/
    That will explain why

Quote Originally Posted by Asteger View Post
    Maxim - you didn't say, and so I think the answer is no, but does the new JNS red contain any natural stone material in it?

Quote Originally Posted by maxim View Post
    one more vid 3 stone setup

Now that would be awesome stone setup indeed. I hope you will have those 800 and red Aoto stones still available when I will need new stones in some 2-3 years

BTW - that Shigefusa Mukimono looks amazing. What other tasks could in be used for than the mukimono itself?