Quantcast
Knife Duffel Bag. Anyone?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Knife Duffel Bag. Anyone?

Knife Duffel Bag. Anyone?

So, I am a chef who hates knife rolls. I dont like how much time they take to access and how much space they occupy when unrolled. For me, they are a terrible design, given the value we put on space and immediecy in our profession, and I am getting fed up.

Since I use Sayas on all my knives, having them locked into slots is mostly uneccesary. What I want, here and now, is a cylinerical duffel style knife bag with one top zipper opening into seemingly one large compartment that is actually two - 3/4 of it for knives, 1/4 for tools. the compartments are separated by a partition, secured with snaps, maybe not... Maybe a misc small zippered pocket on the outside or in, i dont know...

Available online, the closest thing I can find are small tripod bags and flute case covers, and buying one of those just feels strange...

I have tried to find someone to do this for me for well over a year. The interest has been minimal and the price quotes I have gotten are outrageous. Is there anyone out there with skill set or ideas of where to seek. THanks in advance.

+1. Knife rolls are ridiculous. What we need are knife quivers.

Try a mason's tool bag.

I've been looking at those. I generally have two problems with them. 1. too short and 2. not enough compartments. While I don't need a slot for every knife, I also don't want a pile of knives and stuff to dig through. Some of the ones I've seen online are long enough and might have enough compartments but I can't tell how they are set up inside. I guess I could ask for more info or just put extra bags inside...

If y'all could get me some basic drawings w/ dimensions I will look at getting them done in leather. I have really great connections in the leather world and one of the best bag people lives just a few blocks from me.

What about a handgun range bag?

-AJ

How about one of these? http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Edge-...9400239&sr=8-1

Not a duffle bag but compact. It has slots for knives but doesn't take up a lot of space.

Something like this is what I meant :
    http://www.amazon.com/GunMate-Range-...xp_grid_pt_0_2

-AJ

Google the term HOCO KABAN. This is a vinyl/leather looking bag that I have seen in Japanesse knife shops. I believe they have very little in the way of comaprtments, but definitely the length you need for sujis and yanagis, which is often a problem with other small duffels. I have flirted witht idea of buying one of these for years because I am not a fan of most of the rolls on the market either, just never have.

Engorged Member
    When I have used something other than a paper grocery bag, I used a bike messenger bag. It worked great. I'd be careful though, you're edging pretty close into the European man's wallet territory.