• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Len's Knife Clearout - Santoku, Nakiri, Sujis, Part 1

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echerub

Reaction score
As I've become clearer about my preferences when it comes to the feel and handling of different knives, I've decided that it's time to let the knives that I don't absolutely *love* to move on to new homes.

Here's my first round of non-gyuto double-bevels. There will likely be more coming as I continue doing quick (re)evaluations of all my knives.

Prices are USD, Paypal & shipping within North America included.

Kaneshige 180mm nakiri - blue 2, damascus - $165
Yew octagonal handle, sharpened once to open the blade and used a handful of times. Good as new.

Kaneshige_nakiri.jpg

Carter 170mm SFGZ nakiri - AS / blue super, wa handle - $350
Octagonal rosewood handle, converted by Mike Henry. I dunno how many times Mike used it (probably not many times since he found out he's not a nakiri kinda guy!), and I only used it a few times. I never sharpened it. Better than new, with Mike's handle on it.

Carter_nakiri.jpg

Gesshin Uraku 165mm nakiri - SKD11, with saya - $95
Some light staining on the saya, but the knife itself is in great shape. Got it second-hand; I have only used it a few times and never put it to the stones.

Gesshin_Uraku_nakiri.jpg

Ichimonji Kichikuni 180mm KU santoku - white 2 - $95
Brand new, never used. Might still have the original box somewhere around

Ichimonji Kichikuni 180mm santoku - white 2 - $100
Really cool marble ferrule. Sharpened 2 or 3 times, once to open the edge and 1 or 2 times more to refresh the edge. Great condition.

Ichimonji_Kichikuni_santoku.jpg

Hattori FH 300mm suji - with case - $200
Got this second-hand. Has a bit of bird's-beaking near the tip, but not so far that it affects performance. Put in at least 2 sessions on the stones to try to "recondition" the profile, but sujis just aren't my thing and I didn't have the enthusiasm to keep putting more time into this one. It'll work itself out over time with regular, proper sharpening but since I almost never use sujis that means I'm never going to reach that point in my lifetime. Other than the bird's-beaking, the rest of the edge is in great shape.

Hattori_FH_suji.jpg

Masahiro MV-H 240mm suji - $75
Sharpened once to open the blade, used a few times at the office for a few snacks. Close to new. It seems sujis of any size just aren't my thing!

Masahiro_MV-H_suji.jpg

Last edited:
Len are you going to be selling the Takeda or the Funyaki I saw on that album with the deba?

hola, im new to this, but i'd be interested in the masahiro slicer pending photos. if its still available.

Photos inserted into original post.

Corrected info for the two Ichimonji Kichikuni santoku - I had them mixed up in my mind. The KU one is brand new unused, the "kasumi" one has seen some use.

Carter nakiri SOLD

Last edited:
Bump.

Kaneshige 180 blue 2 damascus nakiri - $165
Yoshihiro 165 SKD nakiri w saya - reduced to $90

Ichimonji Kichikuni 180 white 2 KU santoku - reduced to $90
Ichimonji Kichikuni 180 white 2 KU w/ marble ferrule - reduced to $95
Or, get them both together for $175

Hattori FH 300 suji w case - $200
Masahiro MV-H 240 suji - reduced to $70

interested in your yoshihiro, two santoku's and masihiro suji. can you do paypal? and any deal if I buy all 4 at once?
thanks,
erik

Yoshihiro 165 SKD nakiri w saya - SOLD
Ichimonji Kichikuni 180 white 2 KU santoku - SOLD
Ichimonji Kichikuni 180 white 2 KU w/ marble ferrule - SOLD
Masahiro MV-H 240 suji - SOLD

Still available:

Is the Uraka still available? I don't see it as sold or listed as available unless I just missed it somewhere lol

Ah, the Gesshin Uraku / Yoshihiro just got sold. Sorry.

Still available:

Still available:

Kaneshige 180 blue 2 damascus nakiri - reduced to $155
Hattori FH 300 suji w case - reduced to $190

Latest posts

Back