Quantcast
Novice tweaks to a Zakuri funayuki - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Novice tweaks to a Zakuri funayuki

that funayuki looks like fun! would you mind sharing where you ordered them from?

Maybe get a Beston 500 to work it?

Quote Originally Posted by riba View Post
    that funayuki looks like fun! would you mind sharing where you ordered them from?
    I went through a vendor on Rakuten via a forwarder (Tenso). There are a few vendors that ship internationally, but they don't carry the 135mm funayuki if I recall. There's also a 150 and 165 funayuki as common options, both in polish and kurouchi. I'm really tempted to try a 150 polished version.

Quote Originally Posted by erikz View Post
    Maybe get a Beston 500 to work it?
    I'm considering it, but I think the jump from 300 to 1000 isn't too bad...just don't know what to pad my order with to get free shipping from Maksim. Once I go up to about 1000, I switch to a very subtle convexing using micropolishing film on a sheet or two of paper. Hard to get a very clean even finish for me with stones, but the film seems to do a bit better.

Never tried film. Should give that a go sometime.

Funayuki gets some time in this really awful video of me cutting a carrot for nine minutes. Don't watch if you're afraid of poor knife skills or incoherent commentary...or if you're the kind of person who might think slowly cutting a carrot for more than five minutes is stupid.

On thing i'll learn from that movie is that there's impressive carrots in taiwan !