Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carter Sharp

hahaha crazy!

That spoon video is quite epic. Murray knows he's good and he isn't shy about saying it.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." --Albert Einstein

Wish he had showed us how he sharpened his spoon though.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle Soup View Post
    Wish he had showed us how he sharpened his spoon though.
    "There is no spoon."

There is no spoon.

There is no spoon.

I wish my knives would be close to a 31 OOTB

There is no spoon. Gotta love a Matrix quote. How lame is it that I know it :-)
    -M

I guess you are saying he didn't shave with the spoon? I remember the late writer Chuck Karwan telling me a story about when one his troops in Vietnam was complaining about a knife being of such poor steel you couldn't sharpen it. He said to prove the point there are no unsharpenable steels, only poor sharpening skills, his platoon sergeant took the lid out of a sardine can, sharpened it up and shaved his arm clean.

The Carter OOTB edge is pretty sharp and quite toothy. That makes his edge an aggressive cutter and excellent for cutting food. I'd have to agree with Salty that it really isn't all that sharp. The Dave Martell edge I inspected felt sharper and significantly less toothy/aggressive, by comparison. I'd say Salty's edge is even sharper than that and slightly toothier than Dave's. It's been really interesting to see how different excellent sharpeners decide to leave their edges. I should add that this is all by feel. I never checked out Dave's edge under a microscope or anything.

Does anyone else here think that it's time for another sharpening olympics?

MC doesn't try to polish the teeth off or hit an exact angle, and I used to think he was a half-ass for it, and I agree with him more and more these days.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Even Murray's spoons are sharp enough to shave with. Just image how sharp his knives are...

That is so awesome