Quantcast
Honestly - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Honestly

Quote Originally Posted by NO ChoP! View Post
    The mistake of most is trying to be everything for everyone. This leads to mediocrity across the board. Do a few things that you're passionate about, people will recognize it, and you will become a destination for this product. Otherwise, you will have people requesting you make them steamed chicken with broccoli, and a side of ranch.

Wait...all they have is meatballs? Yah, but it's the best friggin meatball you'll ever eat!

That's what you want.
    +10000
    “A home cook who relies too much on a recipe is sort of like a pilot who reads the plane’s instruction manual while flying.” – Alton Brown

I'm just throwing this out there.....have you thought about a food truck? It's not a sit down restaurant of course but,

A) it's a way to get your name and cuisine out there
    B) create a following
    C) less investment
    D) very trendy in cities, corporate towns, military bases and college scenes

When we travel to the coast, they are all over with huge lines. The taco truck here on base is only open 5 hours a day but busy the entire time. The BBQ truck is constantly busy as well. Some of the best food I've had has come off a truck. It may be something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Erilyn75 View Post
    I'm just throwing this out there.....have you thought about a food truck? It's not a sit down restaurant of course but,

A) it's a way to get your name and cuisine out there
    B) create a following
    C) less investment
    D) very trendy in cities, corporate towns, military bases and college scenes

When we travel to the coast, they are all over with huge lines. The taco truck here on base is only open 5 hours a day but busy the entire time. The BBQ truck is constantly busy as well. Some of the best food I've had has come off a truck. It may be something to think about.
    I would love to do a food truck but I live by the beach aka the "Shore" to you outsiders lol and even though they would make a killing during the summertime around the beaches they are not permitted and NYC is a lock already there are already so many food trucks out and about there it would be hard to get a following

+ Reply to Thread