Recent Work Gallery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haburn

Reaction score
-AEB-L
-African Blackwood, black and blue G10 liners
haburnknivesgyuto8.1.JPG

-AEB-L
-Ziricote, black and white G10 liners
haburnknivesgyuto7.1.JPG

-A Suji that I'm designing. It has a 280mm blade with a 40mm heel. Any thoughts or critiques would be great to hear since this will be my first sujihiki.
haburnknivessuji.1.280.JPG

just checked out the website, and all the knives look great. The handle work looks outstanding.

If you need somewhere for that suji to go, let me know Ian! Haha! It looks awesome! Can't wait to see it with a handle on it.

Thanks guys! I'll be using the suji for a while and will most likely be looking to get some others input on the knife.

Thanks guys! I'll be using the suji for a while and will most likely be looking to get some others input on the knife.

I'm just a humble home cook, but I would love to check it out. At least I can pick it up instead of shipping it too! :Lol: It's AEBL as well I assume?

I'm just a humble home cook, but I would love to check it out. At least I can pick it up instead of shipping it too! :Lol: It's AEBL as well I assume?
I haven't made it yet, the pic is actually a Solidworks model. Hopefully, if I do a passaround it will be a mix of pro and kitchen enthusiast. I'm planning on using 52100 for the steel, black and red G10 liners with African blackwood scales.

I haven't made it yet, the pic is actually a Solidworks model. Hopefully, if I do a passaround it will be a mix of pro and kitchen enthusiast. I'm planning on using 52100 for the steel, black and red G10 liners with African blackwood scales.

Those are some musical words Ian! :lol: looking forward to seeing WIP pics!

Ground and hand sanded before it got handled. I should have some finished pics tomorrow. Weight was 139 grams (according my food scale).
haburnknivessuji01.JPG

Ground and hand sanded before it got handled. I should have some finished pics tomorrow. Weight was 139 grams (according my food scale).
Are you sure it's a real blade and not a solidworks model with added logo?
Just kidding :) Looks pretty awesome to me… and those holes in the tang looks like you are trying to tell us something with Morse code

Hahhaa..."- .... .- -. -.- / -.-- --- ..-"
I think you won best forum name. Seriously.

Great work Ian! Is it possible to check these out in person before you sell them? Possibly to me?? :lol:

The total weight is ~193g. Unfortunately, I screwed up the grind near the choil and the red G10 liner is showing up dark amber. Fortunately this was never going to be for sale.

haburnknivessujihiki.1.1.JPG

haburnknivessujihiki.1.2.JPG

Ian, it looks great! I'm sure it turned out amazing. We're own our greatest critics after all!

Thanks!
If you forget which piece of the pig you're after:

haburnknivessujihiki.1.3.JPG

i'm very tempted to sell something off to try out one of those gyutos! any chance they come with one of those pretty pig sayas :D? another question, any shorter suji's in the works?

i'm very tempted to sell something off to try out one of those gyutos! any chance they come with one of those pretty pig sayas :D? another question, any shorter suji's in the works?
Glad you like it! The saya's start at $50. I have a suji in 52100 that is 280mm with a heel height of 37-38mm in progress.

I really like the profile you are working with too right now any chance you can make a gyuto-hiki in that profile that would be rad

I really like the profile you are working with too right now any chance you can make a gyuto-hiki in that profile that would be rad

Thanks guys! It's possible that I could make a combination knife, but I typically reserve that type of work for custom orders.

Here is a suji-gyuto with a very similar profile. 280mm in length and 50mm in heel height. I would add a bit of height to the handle, just my .02
S1QM9Wc.jpg

8" chef with hamon in 1095, brass, burl, and black G10 liners.

7zwARsMl.jpg

Back