Quantcast
Itinomonn - Maksim please tells us more :) - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Itinomonn - Maksim please tells us more :)

Maksim - is there a chance that we could see different knife shapes from Itinomonn? Something along the lines of a funayuki (or a wide petty of some 165mm) in a nice kasumi finish could help me to cure that 'Carter bug'

the profile on itinomonn stainless clad gyutos looks drastically improved from the original kurouchi finish itinomonns. it would be nice if in the future the kurouchi versions also were made with the stainless clad profile(basically what im saying is i want a kurouchi gyuto but that tip seems alittle too high for me )

I'm waiting for more kasumi single bevels

I really like my stainless western gyuto. I wish that profile was was available in a wa handle, as i think i would like it even more.

Quote Originally Posted by jer View Post
    I really like my stainless western gyuto. I wish that profile was was available in a wa handle, as i think i would like it even more.
    +1

I really like the construction and feel and quality of my nashiji 210 gyuto, but it's reallllly tall (55mm) and very curvy with a high tip. A flatter profile with the same laserish edge geometry and nashiji/kurouchi finish (or stainless with nashiji) would be awesome.

I was hoping to find a way to contact the maker about a custom piece like that; I'd consider trying to start a group buy, but everyone on KFF is into 240+ blades.

I'm with Matus though about a [double-beveled] funayuki too. Not a big-bellied deba style, but something in the spirit of Carter or some of the Tosa funayuki out there.

Quote Originally Posted by XooMG View Post
    I'm with Matus though about a [double-beveled] funayuki too. Not a big-bellied deba style, but something in the spirit of Carter or some of the Tosa funayuki out there.
    Exactly what I had in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    Exactly what I had in mind
    +1

I sent a prospective email to Teruyasu Fujiwara and Shosui Takeda and they're willing to do such a project, but Mr. Takeda never confirmed with me, and I'm not certain about Teruyasu Fujiwara's grinds after getting a nakiri from him. Also tried to get in touch with the maker of Toshihiro for a custom but couldn't contact him directly. Watanabe might be another custom or semi-custom option, but I wouldn't mind one under the Itinomon brand at all.

Quote Originally Posted by XooMG View Post
    I sent a prospective email to Teruyasu Fujiwara and Shosui Takeda and they're willing to do such a project, but Mr. Takeda never confirmed with me, and I'm not certain about Teruyasu Fujiwara's grinds after getting a nakiri from him. Also tried to get in touch with the maker of Toshihiro for a custom but couldn't contact him directly. Watanabe might be another custom or semi-custom option, but I wouldn't mind one under the Itinomon brand at all.
    must say that I am impressed with the grind on my watanabe pro nakiri!