Quantcast
Itinomonn - Maksim please tells us more :) - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Itinomonn - Maksim please tells us more :)

Thank you Maksim - that is very helpful. It would seem that the Ku has somewhat better food release than the SS clad ones. I think I am going to re-think my gyuto (I did not expect that to happen ... so soon).

Sponsors
    No it is actually same on all 3 gyutos i think If you watch video closely you will see, at some point all of them dont stik.
    Biggest difference i will say is the staidness and feel. Western is definitely most steady and powerful. Where KU is bit like laser. And the other one is the middle of those 2

can itinomonn make custom specs? for example i got to try a western handled one, but would prefer wa with full carbon cladding and KU finish.

Maksim, is there a chance for 210 or 240 Suji from Itinomonn in the future?

Makxim, what type of cutting board wood is that?

Quote Originally Posted by maxim View Post
    I just got my 210mm KU...thanks Maksim!

P.S. looking with a careful eye at the KU patterning, my knife seems very very similar. Did I get the knife from the video? That'd be pretty cool.

Maksim - I have just seen the Itinomonn bunka - you must be reading my mind I am seriously considering knife of that kind (I have a smaller ko-bunka from Masakage). What I would like to know whether the blade has large enough flat spot that would allow to use it a bit like a nakiri.

Now all you need to add is a nice honesuki from Itinomonn. If I may have a wish: western handle, 35mm at the heel and slight belly over the whole edge. Stainless clad

Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    Maksim - I have just seen the Itinomonn bunka - you must be reading my mind I am seriously considering knife of that kind (I have a smaller ko-bunka from Masakage). What I would like to know whether the blade has large enough flat spot that would allow to use it a bit like a nakiri.

Now all you need to add is a nice honesuki from Itinomonn. If I may have a wish: western handle, 35mm at the heel and slight belly over the whole edge. Stainless clad
    Hi, Matus
    Next week i'll visit Maksim and will try out this Bunka. I'll post it for sure. Normally it's like a wide Nakiri but more versatile because of it's pointed tip. We will see!

Perfect! I am looking forward to hear how you like it

+ Reply to Thread