• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS - Yoshikane SKD 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
240MM hammered finished: Sanmai-SKD steel laminated by SUS-405 stainless steel. Its a more robust knife overall with no flex versus thinner knives, but the geometry is awesome and I found the SKD steel holds an edge longer than my other steels in this range, with an added bonus of being laminated by soft stainless so no concerns about oxidization/rust and therefore much easier to maintain.

Knife's edge has been thinned to improved performance with some extra work further up the tip for improved tip work. Much much better performance than out of the box IMO.

Brand new custom handle - beautiful Lignum Vitae, blackwood Ferrule, and white bone cap; really a great handle with lots of detail. Feels great in hand.

$250 shipped to Con-US

(Without a custom handle, these run for about $280 new)

asasa.jpg

aSAD.jpg

unnssssamed.jpg

This is a dream starter knife.
Can't believe this is still here....

I kind of want to buy it just because I think it's such a good deal, lol.

Back