Hinoura's Son

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tosho

Reaction score
Another package this morning.
We have been working with Tsukasa Hinoura's son since last August to produce these knives.
They are stainless clad White #2 with yew wood or ebony handles.
These are 240mm and 210mm ( both of these knives have the same heel height of 50mm)
We are still waiting for 150, 180 and 210 Pettys and some 180 Bunka.
P2250655.jpgP2250656.jpg

Those like nice with the ebony handles. Very curious to see what the Bunka looks like when it comes in.

Beautiful knives!
I'm cannot find them on the website though under Hinoura. Are they listed elsewhere?

We are putting them us right now, they should be up in the next hour

Hi Tosho ... or Ivan?

But what are these called? I can read some kanji but the photos are too small to make things out. What name are these sold under?

Ebony and ishii - nice wood for handles. Good idea.

Hi Asteger, these knives are sold under Mitsumi Hinoura's name however the Kanji reads "Made for Kaneshige" because the handles were put on by Konosuke Sakai/Kaneshige

Hi, could you post some measures of the 240 please. I can't find the ebony handle from the picture above, have they been sold? Thanks

I'll post some measurements in the morning (thickness of 2 spots along the spine, heel height and edge length) the ebony 210 has been sold but the 240 is still up. We only received one however so we're not going to up it up on the website. Send us a PM if you are interested

Back