Help with Restaurant name

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hypothetically I need to name a Restaurant, and it has me completely stumped, if you guys have any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated,
Hypothetically it is a small (35-50 seat) restaurant, serving predominantly locally sourced ingredients (within 50km) seafood heavy menu, cooked simply with a focus using wood fire & charcoal, some curing etc. reasonably "upscale" place, any ideas welcomed

Thanks for looking

If you want to emphasize the local focus of the place I'd further inquire the local idiom of sea-related terms.

If it's truly going to be simple, I'd call it something along the lines of that.
With such focus on new cooking techniques, I still embrace all the old-school dishes and methods. I always thought Analog would be a cool name/idea for a restaurant or something like that.

Squat and Gobble. Straight to the point.

But seriously, are you going for a causal "come as you are" Bistro concept or something a little more refined?

Depending on location, if it's on a corner of a building, then I'd call it "The Corner"

the restaurants address it self is always a good way for a name. Unlike where I work at has a name, that no one really knows were it's at. I always have to tell them its in the train depot.

Just Huw it!
Huw unto others
Huw the right thing

small (35-50 seat) seafood heavy menu:

Little Fish

With the seafood theme I vote for "Kraken"
Colossal_octopus_by_Pierre_Denys_de_Montfort.jpg

Or there is the classic "The Frog & Peach".
[video=youtube_share;7fY-M41FGzI]http://youtu.be/7fY-M41FGzI[/video]

There is a Frog and the Peach in New Brunswick NJ

never been but its a oldie but a goodie ive heard

Fiery Fish, Hottie Oysttie (after some oyster farms in Tathra)

what's the main local fish there > ? Reddies ? Hoodlum fisherie... swff.. the vibe....

I actually think Von Blewitt is a decent name. It sounds interesting and trendy.

I like the name von blewitt aswell.

Back