Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's been a year now, time for a contest.

It's been a year now, time for a contest.

It has been just a little over a year since I have started selling my handles to the wonderful people on this forum. My original plan was just to sell enough handles to pay for more wood, to make more handles. Instead, I found myself making a whole host of new friends, learning more then I ever imagined about kitchen knives, starting a new addiction revolving around sharpening stones, and improving my craft by an order of magnitude. Stefan Keller, my inspiration for making my own handles, has been unstinting in his willingness to share the knowledge he has accumulated in his many years of handle making. I not only consider him a mentor, but also now think of him has a true friend (he has eaten my food and slept with my cats, I think that qualifies). Iíve also had the opportunity to make friends with several knife makers over the last year, in particular Cris Anderson, John Jones (J.M. Jones), and Randy Hass. Both Cris and Randy have been willing to provide some awesome blades for some of my personal projects, and John has given me the opportunity to provide handles for some of his beautiful work. Because of these relationships, I have now had the opportunity to own some truly amazing custom blades that I couldnít even have imagined two years ago. Randy has also been my go to source for truly exotic handle materials, such as muskox horn, mammoth tooth, oosic, and the most amazing block of mammoth ivory I ever expect to see. Several times now I have contacted him when I needed something special, and he has always come through for me.

In appreciation of all the support the members of this forum have giving me over the last year, Iím going to have a contest to give away as many of my instock handles as I can. Anyone that has been a member sense March 12, 2015 is eligible.

1. First prize is any two of my available handles. Mounting and domestic shipping is included, but winner will have to pay for any additional insurance. International winners will have to pay for shipping charges over that of domestic USPS Priority. Available handles can be viewed here... http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkri...able%20handles

2. Second prize is choice of any one of my available handles, same terms as above.

3. Third prize is choice of any one of my available handles, but does not include mounting.

To enter, just post to this thread and tell me which of the handles Iíve posted in the past is your favorite. Only one post per member please. Entries must be posted by 9pm PDT, March 20th.

A second way to win is to include in your post which of my currently available handles is your favorite. After the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners are drawn, I will continue to draw names. If I draw your name, and the available handle you have chosen as your favorite is still available, youíll win that handle. Iíll continue to draw names until I run out of handles, or I run out of names. Any remaining handles will be sent to Knyfeknerd for his Pay It Forward project. If any of this doesn't make sense, please ask.

Mahalo to all,
    Mikey
    Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

It's been a year now, time for a contest.

If I could pick one it would be 37 although they all look great, thank you for doing this Mikey

The 121 californian buckeye. I love it

#43 Snakewood. That's one of my favorite. Thanks for doing this Mikey
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

And so awesome for you to do this.

#103 Amboyna Burl with Buckeye

Thanks for the opportunity

thanks mikey!

Amboyna and Thai for me! Cheers

37 and 103

#7 Red mallee and snakewood1! Love it!!