Recipe for a chocolate sauce....?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zwiefel

Reaction score
Friend is looking for a chocolate sauce recipe, along the lines of fondue, but can be served at room temp. Any ideas?

Friend is looking for a chocolate sauce recipe, along the lines of fondue, but can be served at room temp. Any ideas?

just a simple water, sugar, corn syrup, cocoa powder mixture combined and simmered and melt in some dark chocolate melting disks will work. should stay pourable at room temperature for quite some time, may need to be heated a bit after a few hours but wont get rock hard just from sitting out.

Here's the one I use. It's really good, however I usually add more corn syrup to increase the viscosity. Just never got around to changing it in the recipe.

IMG_20121215_230331.jpg

Got word back that my friend's daughter won 2nd place in the overall competition, and won crowd favorite. Your recipe made a 10 year old girl very happy, thanks Theory!

That's good to hear. What kind of comp was it?

It was a "dipping sauce" contest to raise money for their magnet school. There were about 50 contestants...all kinds of sauces, savory and sweet.

13047274374_18d65b97cb.jpg

That's good to hear. What kind of comp was it?

That really looks great. My daughter too has participated in such a contest and won. It is really adorable when kids get happy on their own achievements. Also I got to know a new way of making the award winning chocolate sauce. :running:

It was a "dipping sauce" contest to raise money for their magnet school. There were about 50 contestants...all kinds of sauces, savory and sweet.

13047274374_18d65b97cb.jpg

That's pretty great!! Just go ahead and mail me that medal whenever you get a chance. I think you still have my address right?

That's pretty great!! Just go ahead and mail me that medal whenever you get a chance. I think you still have my address right?

I've left word with her, I'll let you know when she gets back to me.

;)

Latest posts

Back