Hi from Portland OR

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stanimal

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im a cook in Portland Oregon. Ive been collecting knives ever sense I was a kid, when I started cooking professionally I started collecting chefs knives. Anyways, I've been wanting to make knives for a long time so i decided to go for it I made my first one grinding with files and doing every thing by hand. It came out really good. I have a few more in the works. I'll post pics when there done.

This forum is awesome! There is so much good info, glad i found it.
Thanks you guys!

Welcome to another Oregon knife knut. It gets fun here. Where do you cook and what do you cook?

I made my first one grinding with files and doing every thing by hand. It came out really good. I have a few more in the works.

Awesome! Can't wait to see pics- and welcome to the forum. Great to have you here

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I just finished building my grinder today. Ground a few blades with it. I guess i got a little carried away grinding the heavy chefs knife and melted my lower wheel on my platen attachment. Oh well.. it was fun while it lasted. got a new aluminum wheel coming from beaumont metalwork. heres some pics:

270mm heavy chefs knife(CPM-154), 90mm paring knife w/ vine file work(1080 carbon), 160mm stiff boning knife(1080 carbon)

@gunnerjohn I make charcuterie for Paley's Place(NW Portland) and Imperial Restaurant (downtown) both of which are owned by my chef, Vitaly Paley.

Another Portlander! Welcome aboard. Paley's Place eh? Nice gig! I haven't been to Imperial though. Looking forward to seeing the knives you crank out!

Back