Thread: First handle attempt

First handle attempt

I know it's not a kitchen knife but I thought I would post it anyway
    The handle is Elm Burl/Burr with black liners and brass pins, everything was made from scratch over 2 evenings during a fishing trip, including the pins. The blade is O1 steel and was bought pre-finished.
    Pretty happy with it, but I did it a couple of years ago when I had less patience, I think I should not have been in such a rush to get it done during the trip as it would have ended up better.

You did this as your first handle on a fishing trip?! Mate, that's great! Let's see a kitchen knife, though, ok?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMad View Post
    You did this as your first handle on a fishing trip?! Mate, that's great! Let's see a kitchen knife, though, ok?
    Need to go and get a cheap cooks knife first, will definitely do a handle on one and take pics as I go. Doing mine in the evenings on a fishing trip was a challenge, working by head torch and lantern most of the time, lucky I still have all my fingers made the pins there as well and that is why they are pretty basic, hard to see where black epoxy is going in the dark Really enjoyed it though and now need to try a kitchen knife after seeing your one

Ok, so on a fishing trip (that means drunk most of the time), in the evenings working by head lamp and lantern and no missing fingers? I am truly impressed!