Quantcast
Annual Sponser Japan Trip - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Annual Sponser Japan Trip

I nearly bit my hand off not to buy a jnat just because of the discount (30% is really something) - I do not feel ready and was worried to make a wrong choice. It will come one day - with or without a discount

Have a nice trip Makism!

Darn it, I was going to order an Itinomonn but missed the sale

I really need to start checking my email sooner!

Quote Originally Posted by Erilyn75 View Post
    Darn it, I was going to order an Itinomonn but missed the sale

I really need to start checking my email sooner!
    If it makes you feel better, I ordered two Itinomon knives and a stone a couple hours before the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by XooMG View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I ordered two Itinomon knives and a stone a couple hours before the sale.
    No need to feel better- just feel good you've got the good stuff! I bought an Ohira Renge Suita this week only because i wanted to be sure i'll get it! I will be at JNS gathering and i suppose there could be some special offer, even Maksim told me after my purchase "????", but: that could be someone else, not you or not me! And now we have what we want, isn't it great??

Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    I nearly bit my hand off not to buy a jnat just because of the discount (30% is really something) - I do not feel ready and was worried to make a wrong choice. It will come one day - with or without a discount

Have a nice trip Makism!
    Hi, Matus,
    Macht nichts, Mann! Es kommt noch!
    When you will be ready, " your" stones will find you for sure! I' m quite sure there will be the next " stormy day" or the next " big cleaning" - Maksim will offer us some " bonbons" again!!
    Though 2 great stones i wanted to try out are gone...guys, who has got the Nakayama Maruka and a Atago Suita??? I intended to try them out while Gatheting . At least PLEASE: post your opinion after having tried them!

Quote Originally Posted by XooMG View Post

Ugh! I feel your pain. I really hate missing a sale but that would have killed me lol

Thank you everyone for participating in Yesterdays Sale !!!
    It was very fun and more then i thought
    Now i have some funds to restock with new cool stones from Japan.

I will try to ship all as fast as i can. Some of Packages will go out Today, and some first on Monday. As i have run out of Tape and boxes

this is the best what could happen to you, Maksim!
    "To run out of tape and boxes" - isn't is great? To sell more then expected- means to get later more then considered. Yeh, it's cool - we wait for new great stones, man! Good luck in Japan!
    See you soon

Like some others, I missed the sale in that I bought a 240 Kato gyuto and a red aoto the day before the sale. Actually received the shipping notification about thirty minutes after receiving the email about the sale. I was a little disappointed, as it would have meant some significant savings at the discounted price. What is remarkable though is that the tracking information from DHL indicated that the package arrived in Cincinnati, OH at 3:30 this morning. It was in Atlanta, GA by 9:00 am and Jacksonville, FL by 12:00 p.m. I was hoping to receive it today, as I have been unexpectedly surprised with the lightening fast shipping from Maxim a number of times in the past. Oh well, or so I thought. Package arrived in Tallahassee - about 175 miles away from Jacksonville about an hour ago. In that amount of time, it must have been the only package being delivered. And to think that shipping was free. Pretty amazing really. Makes up for any disappointment in "missing" the sale - particularly in light of the posts from others who also purchased early or who were unaware of the sale, and the fact that Maxim deserves a fair return on the goods and services he offers. And I really didn't miss the sale since i picked up another knife and stone. Received the shipping notification today. Looks like I will receiving another package from DHL on Monday. Thanks Maxim!

I was trsveling the day of sale -Prob the first time a road trip ever saved me money...
    Dave
    Older and wider.