HOw do you approach nuts? with caution...lol

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaamax

Reaction score
So what blade do you guys use for nuts? Especially Almonds.

I don't dig the robotcoupe to process nuts. Mainly because it is never so much that I can't do it by hand and I need complete control with a knife.
I usually reach for one of the House blades or a German stainless if I happen to have one in my roll (=never).
A couple of times I've used a Deba (50/50 grind), but I get flea bites.

Anything with a rocking profile? Doesn't seem like almonds are gona be that hard on an edge. Maybe I didnt get the gist of your question.

Wusthoff chef's knife. Heavy, thick, too much belly, etc. for most tasks, but great for things when you don't want to take a lot of life out of the edge on any of your good knives.

Unless your gyuto is a complete laser it should be no problem. I have used Itinomonn butcher to process nuts, but it is of course a complete overkill :)

Dont use a knife on nuts generally, throw em in a towel and bash em with a rolling pin...

Use my mario pre makers mark. Or my martell they are both great workhorses

I use a vintage dexter russel chef knife. It won't chip and the edge comes back fast. I have realized that no matter the knife I don't enjoy rock chopping. So I feel a little dirty when I use one of my babies on something I don't like doing. I do gremolata and salsa verde every day, it's like a penance.

I hate looking for equipment and searching for a misplaced robocoup blade drives me crazy. It makes sense that a knife Knut would need a nut knife. :)

Back