Burl Source site with blocks dimensions in mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icanhaschzbrgr

ill-Known Member
Reaction score
12956153933_442c911948_z.jpg

I really tried to learn inches… but failed. My brain doesn't accept them.
So I wrote a Chrome Extension that would automatically convert block sizes from inches to mm on a Burl Source website (only in catalog section). I decided that it may be useful for some of KKF users, so if you are using Chrome browser you can try it.

Chrome web store link: Burl sources inches 2 millimeters

If it doesn't work for you or you need extension for firefox, wrote me a pm.

P.S. That's a nice Tiger Maple, Mark. Really nice!

What are these weird numbers?? They make no sense! :lol2:

Actually, I think it comes out to the other 95% of the world that doesn't understand inches (we Americans can be a little stubborn):zipper:

Be well,
Mikey

These are special numbers for dumb people on the other half of globe who can't learn inches :hula:

I personally prefer metric. It's sad that they won't just let one measly generation suffer a little bit to get everyone caught up. It's only one! :D

Also made a Firefox addon. Available from mozilla addons https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/burl-source-inches2mm/

As for inches, I'm fine understanding values like 5" or 8"… but values like 1&3/8" or 2&13/17" makes me cry. Every time I wanted to buy something from burl source, I had to keep some inches 2 mm convertor in the second tab to constantly convert values. Now it's much easier for me.

Also made a Firefox addon. Available from mozilla addons https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/burl-source-inches2mm/

As for inches, I'm fine understanding values like 5" or 8"… but values like 1&3/8" or 2&13/17" makes me cry. Every time I wanted to buy something from burl source, I had to keep some inches 2 mm convertor in the second tab to constantly convert values. Now it's much easier for me.

I just tried out the firefox add on. Worked great.
Now I have to figure how to incorporate that into the site for those who are unaware of the add on.

Thank You Anton for writing this add on.
I have posted elsewhere that this is available.
I am very grateful that you took the time to do this for me.

Back