ITINOMONN KASUMI 180MM WA NAKIRI vs Watanabe Pro 180mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive read the watanabe is a great cutter as even though its thick at the spine, it gets half as thin halfway down and then really thin. Thanks, though. Hope others can chime in. One of these will likely be my birthday gift.

I haven't tried a Watanabe, but I know I'm not the only fan of the Itinomonn.

The two are both very good nakiri but feel different from one another. Different geometry, weight and feel. The Watanabe is middle-of-the-road in terms of weight and just feels comfortable. The Itinomonn is incredibly agile and thin behind the edge that you'll get a wicked smile using it... but for me anyways, it wouldn't be my choice for a long-haul plow through a ton of veggies.

Both are great value for the money and are really good performers.

Thanks, everyone! I'm a home cook, so it wouldn't be used for hours on end. To give an idea what I do most, when I cook I make a lot of stocks (celery, onions, carrots), big fan of raw/sauteed/fried onions, roasted root vegetables, lot of fruit/tomato/hot pepper/bell pepper salsas in the summer. That kinda stuff. Just a fun nakiri to break down veggies (well, duh). I'm most intrigued by the Watanabe, but I guess my biggest concern is how sharp it can get.

Have had the watanabe for a week now, put it through extensive use. its a fantastic cutter. for having a thicker geometry it really doesnt prevent getting paper thin slices and i havent had any wedging issues. also have had any issues with reactivity and havent had to force a patina on it. onions and tomatoes have been clean.

and for a 180mm nakiri, it has a nice lightweight comfortable feel. loving it so far and it certainly get my approval and lives up to all the reccomendations ive gotten on

Have had the watanabe for a week now, put it through extensive use. its a fantastic cutter. for having a thicker geometry it really doesnt prevent getting paper thin slices and i havent had any wedging issues. also have had any issues with reactivity and havent had to force a patina on it. onions and tomatoes have been clean.

and for a 180mm nakiri, it has a nice lightweight comfortable feel. loving it so far and it certainly get my approval and lives up to all the reccomendations ive gotten on

That reminds me a bit of my Kochi 240mm kurouchi in V2. It's a bit heavy, bit thick at the spine. But the thing is a laser beam. I use it all the time to slice onions paper thin to deep fry frizzled onions.

Nice chiahuahua (sp?) those little guys are the devils kin I swear

I found the pic on my ipad, no idea where it came from. I know that the smaller the dog, the bigger it thinks it is! I've only had schnauzers and a beagle, though. "Smedium" sized dogs.

My friend has the biggest chiahuahua I have ever seen. Like 25-30 lbs and he is the meanest dog I have ever come in contact with bit me in the arse once when I was walking out the door. He has a APBT and that dog is the nicesut dog I have ever met but the Chihuahua loves messing with it but once she shows her teeth he's scared

Me either the thing is devil reincarnated sorry for throwing your thread OT a little bit

hahahaha little pain in the arses right hate when they yap

Got the knife with no problems, Watanabe was great to deal with. Pics in the show your new knife thread. I didn't get the nakiri thing when I had a Takeda, but now I get it. Great knife! Lightly than I expected, perfect weight. After quartering some onions, slicing carrots and cabbage, I'm really liking it. Highly recommended!

Back