Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Konosuke Fujiyama Help

I don't really see the distinction of discussing characteristics of a line of knives in words vs. pics. (Neither one seems to be promotional, if the talk is about the knives.)

My Kono blue #2 Fuji is hardly thick. It was barely thicker than my HD (same length). The spine is thinner than my other gyutos, so I'm darn curious to see what you're seeing. Mine has a great grind.

Quote Originally Posted by toddnmd View Post
    I don't really see the distinction of discussing characteristics of a line of knives in words vs. pics. (Neither one seems to be promotional, if the talk is about the knives.)

That's a good point but I'm going to move this thread to my sub-forum just for the sake of keeping on the up and up. I might even post pictures then too.

Dave- no problem posting pics. I think you're talking about mine, right?

The fujiyama line is made with blue, white, and ginsanko steels from what I've seen. Mine is white 1 - it's not really deba thick, and the spine is actually thinner than some other gyutos I have. The knife has had some (very amateur) attempts at thinning, and the shinogi line on both sides is rounded off from what I suspect the knife looked like new. It cuts OK, but I have no reference from a new fujiyama, and I'm sure it could be better....

Dave, I'll be sending you my 210 ginsanko as discussed as soon as Stefan completes the handle. Like theory said its

3.0--3.2mm at spine at handle
    199-200mm of cutting edge
    44mm tall

It's very thin at the edge has a sharp shinogi and really wide bevel. The choi
    is very polished id say more like revealed. The spines rounded too. More so than any of the HD series. FF of the handle is just amateurish. It's also very skinny to my hand.

It's my understanding that the Fujiyama Konos in blue #2 and ginsanko are ground by same people.

I'm really enjoying the knife.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Quote Originally Posted by Hbeernink View Post
    Dave- no problem posting pics. I think you're talking about mine, right?

The fujiyama line is made with blue, white, and ginsanko steels from what I've seen. Mine is white 1 - it's not really deba thick, and the spine is actually thinner than some other gyutos I have. The knife has had some (very amateur) attempts at thinning, and the shinogi line on both sides is rounded off from what I suspect the knife looked like new. It cuts OK, but I have no reference from a new fujiyama, and I'm sure it could be better....

Yes sir this is your knife I was referencing.

Thanks for adding in your thoughts on the knife, this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mucho Bocho View Post
    Dave, I'll be sending you my 210 ginsanko as discussed as soon as Stefan completes the handle. Like theory said its

3.0--3.2mm at spine at handle
    199-200mm of cutting edge
    44mm tall

It's very thin at the edge has a sharp shinogi and really wide bevel. The choi
    is very polished id say more like revealed. The spines rounded too. More so than any of the HD series. FF of the handle is just amateurish. It's also very skinny to my hand.

It's my understanding that the Fujiyama Konos in blue #2 and ginsanko are ground by same people.

I'm really enjoying the knife.

Cool, I'll be looking forward to checking this out, thanks.