JNS Sale Yesterday ... What did you get?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackslimpson

Reaction score
I don't know how many might have been aware of the sale at JNS yesterday, but it was a doozy. Every hour the discount increased incrementally for the selected products. I got a Kiyoshi Kato Dragon 240mm gyuto, and a nice little Wakasa stone for my razors.

Anyone else clean up?

Cheers,

Jack

I completely missed it and only found out about it today :sad0:

Didn't know about it.. Probably a good thing! Congratz on the buys!

picked up a shig 180 mm gyuto. I would have bought more but I had bought a new synthetic red aoto and a nat like 2 days before the sale :(

That's unfortunate timing, Ramen. I'm curious about the synthetic red Aoto. How are you finding it?

I suffered through last hour (30% on jnats) but got ... nothing :cry: I just was not ready to get a stone (I will first need some serious talk with Maksim). But man it was tempting.

There were (and still are) several Takashima and Hakka. Fairly safe bets, so you might have pulled the trigger.

Now you will have to wait for the next sale. :groucho:

(Hint: before xmas & before a certain Dane's 2015 visit to Japan. Perhaps he should visit there more.)

There were (and still are) several Takashima and Hakka. Fairly safe bets, so you might have pulled the trigger.

Now you will have to wait for the next sale. :groucho:

(Hint: before xmas & before a certain Dane's 2015 visit to Japan. Perhaps he should visit there more.)

I was telling myself that (concerning Takashima and Hakka), but still would prefer to first ask Maksim some questions. Once I get there I will gladly buy at the full price - Maksim needs to eat too ;)

JNS new synthetic red blue stone, tenjyou stripe nagura, garden shear, and a nail file :happyyes:

I got an Atagoyama suita (the softer, yellower one). Also bought the synth JNS red a couple weeks ago, too. Received it today with an aoto and, no surprise, nice stone.

Got the Red Aoto (i'll paint the sides purple to make it fit the name :rolleyes2: ), and two Atoma diamond plates.

Well, I missed It too ! Sad, I still need a better set of stones.

Prices have increased by almost $5 due to the exchange rate. I may have to dig in the sock drawer before it goes up anymore.

I got one and it's good so far. Just tried it once,though. Big, nice size and great feel. Doesn't dry out too fast, but gummed up a bit with swarf I thought (small diamond nagura handy for this). To be honest, I'm relatively inexperienced with synth stones, but I like it. Will be interesting to compare to my real aoto.

I got one and it's good so far. Just tried it once,though. Big, nice size and great feel. Doesn't dry out too fast, but gummed up a bit with swarf I thought (small diamond nagura handy for this). To be honest, I'm relatively inexperienced with synth stones, but I like it. Will be interesting to compare to my real aoto.

My experience has been the stone, but other than that the performance has been great. Very even polish too

Funny thing is, I logged in twice during the sale, but didn't know it was going on so didn't end up getting anything. DOHHHHHH!!!!!!

Back