Quantcast
i see pro-chefs..splashing hot cooking oil over cooking food with spoon.......... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: i see pro-chefs..splashing hot cooking oil over cooking food with spoon..........

Quote Originally Posted by boomchakabowwow View Post
    i was hoping for a fancy french word..

haha.

maybe Le basting?
    thanks..so it is a flavor vehicle, and crisp maker. got it.
    baste originates from the french word 'bastir' which means to build (in this case, flavor)
    “A home cook who relies too much on a recipe is sort of like a pilot who reads the plane’s instruction manual while flying.” – Alton Brown

Baptise in butter is the term in my kitchen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In French this is called arroser (that being the infinitive form of the verb). It literally means to spray or to water, but can also be used as "to drink to" oddly enough.
    "There's more to cooking than opening a can, CAN I SAY THAT CHEF?!"

There is a term that I can't remember the spelling but is pronounced "P'wah lay"

It's the cool thing that chefs do to make them cool looking. There is no other reason. Except they saw it on TV.

Sorry I have little respect for most of the DBs that call themselves cooks these days.

Yep I said that. Grow a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    It's the cool thing that chefs do to make them cool looking. There is no other reason. Except they saw it on TV.

Sorry I have little respect for most of the DBs that call themselves cooks these days.

Yep I said that. Grow a pair.
    Thats a rather bold statement.

Hell yeah it is. (Yep, I got a buzz on) These tattoo'd beard wearing light weights can talk to me in 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by boomchakabowwow View Post
    Seriously? I'm Chinese. And apparently clueless.
    No offense intended. I've only seen this done regularly with oil in Chinese cuisine, so I'm just guessing.

tkern... poêle.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Salty dog View Post
    Hell yeah it is. (Yep, I got a buzz on) These tattoo'd beard wearing light weights can talk to me in 20 years.
    +1 Scott.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Good stuff. It is cool looking. And a great way to get your sleeve tattoo into the close up action shot.

Kids these days. I tell ya. With the hair and the cloths. Don't get me started on that hippity hoppity music they're listening to anymore.

'The only real security that a man can have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.' -Henry Ford