Quantcast
European Sharpening Olympics
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: European Sharpening Olympics

European Sharpening Olympics

Hey all you Europeans out there I asked Maxim already aboout the idea and we both think it would be lots of fun to do something like european users get-together plus maybe some sharpening contest??
    More than competition i would see it as best way to exchange experience and learn from one another.
    What spot would be best to do it?
    Where are you all let all us know what you think

Cheers
    m

I am in

I did try it before but it never happened

nice idea

love the idea, im from Denmark

then its already 4 of us. Im in Norway, two are from Denmark and one Swedish. Pretty tight I would say

Nice! can you guys post a video here when its over?

do it! do it! do it!

This is cool, I hope we can grow a cohesive euro group here. Gotta leave the states sometimes.

So if you are all going to be competing, are you gonna mail it to someone here in the US for judging? Sounds spendy.

Yes, Eurorepresentation would be cool. Europe as whole is huge, the industry is big and only France, Spain and UK produces great amount of knife users, makes me wonder where are they?

My thinking on it is that as always people with less posts on forum or no custom made knives will be considered idiots by some regardless of knife experience/love/profession.
    What Im saying is Im feeling like you have to buy a bling knife from Kramer and, of course, show photos of it in gallery to gain popularity, what you can do with that knife doesnt matter.
    And that is why I believe some new potential users get intimidated and discouraged by all that expensive mouthing, and are thinking theyre [whatever brand] cheaper knives aint good enough as a key to here.

Why would we send knives to America?
    The "plan" is to meet up, drink, sharpen, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, talk face to face whats best, cook, eat, drink and talk of sharp, sharper, sharpest... learn and have a good time.
    I wouldnt like any sweating and epilepsy. Hey, Scandinavians, do you agree?

Sounds like a cool idea. I'm in Norway.

DarKHoeK

Quote Originally Posted by bieniek View Post

My thinking on it is that as always people with less posts on forum or no custom made knives will be considered idiots by some regardless of knife experience/love/profession.
    What Im saying is Im feeling like you have to buy a bling knife from Kramer and, of course, show photos of it in gallery to gain popularity, what you can do with that knife doesnt matter.
    And that is why I believe some new potential users get intimidated and discouraged by all that expensive mouthing, and are thinking theyre [whatever brand] cheaper knives aint good enough as a key to here.
    Perhaps this may be true on other forums, but I don't get any sense of that here. There are several members here who only have working knives like Misono or Fujiwara, and their opinions and posts are a valued as anyone elses.

Rick

+ Reply to Thread