Very friendly Damselfly

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WarrenB

Reaction score
Just looking through some pics from last year and found a few of this very friendly chap:biggrin:
dragon.JPG

I didn't have a macro lens back then so the really close one isn't that sharp, but it looks like he is poking his tongue out to the side:biggrin:
dragon2.JPG

They are amazing, nice pictures. I have been inspired to make a few damselfly sculptures over true years.

Colorful little bugger! How did you prepare him?
I found him on the window ledge one morning, guess he came in during the night and got a bit sleepy:) He just didn't have a lot of energy so he just sat there for a few quick pics, then I took him to a stream a couple of minutes away where I see them a lot and put him on a branch, he flew off after warming up for a bit and then I saw loads of them all together buzzing about:biggrin:

Thanks for the replies, it was pretty tricky to take the pics with one hand while he was sitting on the other:)

They are amazing, nice pictures. I have been inspired to make a few damselfly sculptures over true years.

Just found one of your sculptures online, woowwwww:doublethumbsup:
Love just sitting still watching them buzz about, they are not the best fliers so they have the odd 'mayday mayday' moment:laugh:

Back