BOLD Curly African Bubinga - Natural Hardwood Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
This is the last of the natural Bubinga Blocks. I just finished adding these to our web store.
Bubinga is very hard and durable, similar to Rosewood. I have sent a batch in to be stabilized by K&G, but have had a number of requests for natural, not stabilized Bubinga so I am putting these blocks into our web store for a few days. Next week when I send another batch to K&G I will send any of the left over pieces of Bubinga as well.

The main difference between natural and stabilized Bubinga is the stabilizing fills most of the small pores making the wood a bit easier to finish. The natural blocks also cost about $10 less than the stabilized ones.

These blocks have some of the best figure I have seen in person with Bubinga. The figure shows on all 4 surfaces of the blocks. Very 3 dimensional with a bright metallic flash that moves around when the light hits from different angles.

This photo is a close-up to show the interlocking grain and the figure. The pores in the wood seem smaller than what I have seen before with Bubinga.
1_zps5ecbb122.jpg

Click on this group photo if you would like to take a closer look at the blocks that are available.

Latest posts

Back