Quantcast
ITS ALIVE!

Thread: ITS ALIVE!

ITS ALIVE!

The new site is finally up and running. Its still a work in progress and I plan on adding photos to some areas. changing some other areas. and overall having fun and keeping the site current! http://hhhcustomknives.com

Please take a peek and let me know how ya like the layout. Any suggestions to make it better. etc.

Also worth mentioning. The last of the 240mm AEB-L Gyutos are listed and have FREE shipping

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

Randy,

Based on a quick look: I like it. Although it loaded slowly, I'm pretty sure that's due to my computer. However, I would have personally preferred some of the typeface to have more contrast -- black is more readable to me than gray (or whatever appears in many places), and certainly easier to read than green. Again, maybe that's just me. Finally, I think it needs a bit of cleanup, mostly punctuation and errant characters, e.g.: "Pre Order 16 X 10?"

Overall, impressive. Congratulations.

Larry

Loaded quickly on my ipad.

Looks great and is easy to navigate I am looking forward to the gallery section. Since I have already yesterday "tested" the contact formulary - maybe I could use the occasion and ask whether you got my question

Quote Originally Posted by Matus View Post
    Looks great and is easy to navigate I am looking forward to the gallery section. Since I have already yesterday "tested" the contact formulary - maybe I could use the occasion and ask whether you got my question
    PM sent.

Thanks Larry. Thats the sort of stuff I was looking for! and Its a work in progress. so everything is changeable as needed. and stuff like font colors and stuff are easy fixes. My plan is to get the gallery filled next. and the friends and links page to follow. Then refine the shop photos and info.

As to the wordage. I do my best and am very thankful for spell check or I would have to send out decoder rings because my spelling is atrocious!!

Blessings
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I thought the colors were spot on. I'm very sensitive to certain color combinations and patterns (hence why I'm not big on Damascus generally) and it didn't give me a headache. Everything was clear, easy to read and sharp. If white lettering had been used it would have been too stark of a contrast between black and white.

thanks Erilyn75

Availible Knives

I would only have one minor proposal - to put 'Gallery' in the top menu. That is often the first thing a visitor wants to see and it is not intuitive to look for it under 'About' section. On the other hand the 'Testimonials' could land inside 'About' section (should the top menu get too cramped). Just my personal opinion of course.

awesome!! thank you. sounds like a good plan!

Availible Knives