Quantcast
Harners Big and Small - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harners Big and Small

Quote Originally Posted by Anton View Post
    Tom,

Can't quite tell how this guy was forged on this pic. What's the story? Forged to shape bolster?
    The damascus billet came from Randy Haas and Butch asked for a portion to be left forged thick for the bolster. Butch ground the knife from the bar but didn't forge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
    Butch has had a absolutely stunning 12.5" suji come available. This one is made with random pattern 1080 and 15n20 damascus, by HHH aka. Randy Jr, the mad genius. This kind of knife doesn't come up very often. While all of Butch's work is truly world-class, he occasionally puts out "Premium" pieces, just like this. If you have an anniversary, or grand opening coming up, this one would be the perfect way to kick it off!

Contact me for more info.

I also have a Harner boner in CTS-XHP available for $375. It was supposed to go to my site a long time ago, and I ended up burying it, by mistake. I don't have a pic on my phone, but can get one on Thursday, for any interested parties. Again, a kick ass blade....

Thanks!
    I think that's a Yanagiba not a suji, it is killer

I'd like to see pics of the boning knife, mine had an accident and might not be the same when I get it back.
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Huw, you are correct; It is a yanagi, with an ura. Oops. I'm somewhat sleep-deprived, and dumb. Haha. Thanks for pointing it out.
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com

Here's a close up, courtesy of Butch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH_cCfs7Cz8
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com