New here

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluesy

Reaction score
I finally registered after reading this forum for a while :)

My passion is the kitchen, i love reading about the science of cooking, but allso having some equipment that feels perfect for me, and when it comes to knife, im growing a huge passion for what they can do for me

Atm i own Global knifes and unfortunally some of the are fakes (even one bought at the official importers own store) and while i used to think they where amazing my skills have grown, myu projects have grown a lot so i recently bought 2 Tojiro Flash knifes and last summer i was in Japan and of course i got me an amazing handmade knife there, plus the seller tought me some basic knife sharpening.

Now i ahve been sharpening my knifes by hand on waterstones (some cheap double sided) and have gotten to the point where i can shave with the knife after sharpening, so im starting to look for new stones as im tired that these have to be flattend between every knife (they are way to soft)

So thats my background, my food style is classic danish :viking:, asian, indian, french and italian, mixed with something from around the world, my own creations and trying out recipies from "The Fat Duck" and "Alinea" cook books

Welcome bluesy. Just wondering though, how do you know they are fakes? Are fake globals common?

k.

Very common unfortunally :( i can see some are missing the R in a circel next to the Global print, some say they are from china, some have the wrong kind of steel name printed on them, some have the black dots painted instead of etched in, and last the handle should not be magnetic (mine doesnt have all of those falws, mine are missing the R and some of them are magnetic on the handle to), thats the things i was told by Global importer here, in Denmark (we are a small country) some buisness men was cought importing 17 ton of Global knifes that was fake, id call that a lot, at least they where cought.

My fake Globals are not bad, they just dont stay sharp for long, i tend to use them to rough work where my Tojiro knifes would chip.

And my mistake, didnt explain proberly (sometimes its hard to write in another language), the store was one that was on the importers list of approved stores back then, not the importers own store, they only recently got an "in store" store them self, allso havent talked to the store about this problem, since the knifes are pretty old now and i just recently found out they where fake.

Welcome! Sounds like a great way to get into knives, very hands-on.

Back