Thread: strange problems with forum lately

strange problems with forum lately

Hello

Today I tried to left comment on this thread http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/sh...our-pick/page2

I wrote everything, preview it in advanced mode and hit "submit reply" button. I was redirected to the link I posted above, but my comment wasn't there. In the URL in my browser I could see "posted" in the parameters and it seems like everything went well, except that the page on the forum doesn't get updated with my comment.

I have a habit of copying all my comments into buffer before submitting, so I decided to post same comment again. After I inserted comment from bugger and pressed "post quick reply" I was presented with error message that says I've already posted that message within 5 minutes.

So clearly my first comment was stored, but the page wasn't updated. It has nothing to do with browser cache or anything like that. Being a web developer myself I know exactly when it's a server issue, not the client.

After 5 minutes that thread still doesn't shows my comment.

What's new page clearly shows that my comment was posted. But in the thread latest comment isn't mine. Consider attached screenshots (please ignore custom theme)

What's new page: Attachment 22653

Latest comment in that thread Attachment 22652

According to the mentioned thread I wasn't the only one who experienced problems, but now they seems to be resolved. Thanks to whoever did this.