• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

270 DT ITK AEB-L gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck239

Reaction score
I'm selling my 270 ITK gyuto. Sharpened once, in like new condition. I have to many gyutos and I have not used the knife in a few months. It is from the second batch of ten so it has the dark handle. Knife cost $360, comes with a Tadatsuna saya $30. Asking $370. Will have photos soon if you need. Running late to work. :running:

-Chuck

Argg, Must resist.

Don't. This is a great knife. Took delivery of mine last week. If this had been the first knife I had purchased, I would never bought another gyuto. Well except for a DT 240mm 52100 gyuto.

Don't. This is a great knife. Took delivery of mine last week. If this had been the first knife I had purchased, I would never bought another gyuto. Well except for a DT 240mm 52100 gyuto.

Resistance is futile. I caved in.

Hey Chuck, out of curiosity, what gyutos do you use the most if the DT isn't getting much use?

Hey Chuck, out of curiosity, what gyutos do you use the most if the DT isn't getting much use?

Well, I have been using a Suji a lot as well as gyutos but currently....

Del 240
Carter (240 gyuto and 270 suji)
ZDP-189 270
Heiji 240 semi stainless
Pierre 240 (tall suji)
Butch 240
Ittosai Honyaki 300
Aritsugu 270 (gyuto and suji)
Konosuke white 270

Making room for:
Dave Martell 240
Michael Rader 240
Fowler 310 suji
Bill Burke 270 suji

And I'll stop there too not look to crazy... Also I forgot to mention that one of the main knives is a 240 western DT ITK... I'd like to upgrade that to a 270...

-Chuck

Thanks, I left out a bunch so I don't look like a total weirdo....

-Chuck

Well, I have been using a Suji a lot as well as gyutos but currently....

Del 240
Carter (240 gyuto and 270 suji)
ZDP-189 270
Heiji 240 semi stainless
Pierre 240 (tall suji)
Butch 240
Ittosai Honyaki 300
Aritsugu 270 (gyuto and suji)
Konosuke white 270

Making room for:
Dave Martell 240
Michael Rader 240
Fowler 310 suji
Bill Burke 270 suji

And I'll stop there too not look to crazy... Also I forgot to mention that one of the main knives is a 240 western DT ITK... I'd like to upgrade that to a 270...

-Chuck

A DT ITK Western 270? I'm surprised that you'd want to move up in length since the 240 is at least 255 or so. I haven't measured mine in a while but it's noticeably longer than my 240 Hiromoto AS.

I'm sure the DT ITK Western 270 is a dwarf compared to the Ittosai Honyaki 300

Chuck239

I am new to the post and only own one knife. I bought the ittosai from korin last year. I'm gonna end up sending it to Dave cause I don't think I can sharpen it. How the heck do you sharpen that knife. What are the angles. Post a pic....is it the wa gyuto. How do you compare it to the aritsugu, the Carter, the dt.

Latest posts

Back