Handforged W2 cleaver for sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Davis

Reaction score
After all of the hard work i went through to get this finished, it is time for it to go bye bye :) Handle is 2 tone amboyna burl, and african blackwood. Blade is Don Hanson 3 W2, forged from a 2" round bar. Dimensions are 3.29 mm thick at the spine, height at heel is 79mm, mid blade is 88mm and tip is 85 due to the rise at the tip on the spine. 178mm long on edge and weight of 397 grams. Handle is 114mm long, 21/24 wide and 29/31mm tall. It was clay coat heat treated, it has a cherry blossom and branch hamon, with the transition zone and wide ashi...Very happy with it.
Price is $875 shipped conus, international to pay actual.

Wow...2 weeks and only 1 comment? Guess i will sell it off site.

Looks like outstanding workmanship, Mike. I am just not much into cleavers and too broke for it anyway, that's why I just admired it drom a distance...

Stefan

Looks like outstanding workmanship, Mike. I am just not much into cleavers and too broke for it anyway, that's why I just admired it drom a distance...

Stefan

+1
I'm in tha same boat, not much of a cleaver guy and strapped for cash. But handle is amazing ( I love two tone amboyna burl) and the Hamon is sweet, one of a kind!!

That's me too. Not to into cleavers, would like to buy a starter cleaver to see what thee are like, but this is way to nice to be a starter:biggrin: I really like it the handle is great and the finish is beautiful.

Damn... What's with this? Mike, this is one hell of a piece. I guess people just need a cleaver trend to start up again....

Back