Changes in the near future, hopefully

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PierreRodrigue

Reaction score
Gentlemen. If one quote sums it up, here it is "Life is a zoo!" With a full time+ job, a family with 3 daughters and all their activities, a home and property, and a knife making business, that could be a full time gig, if it was a guaranteed payday, this guy is burning out a tad. I have been considering a career change, and have put out a few resumes. There is an opportunity for a position with an 8 on 6 off schedule, making a good bit more money than I am now.

If this pans out, things will be looking up! I will be home every night, and with 6 days off every 2 weeks, I will have shop time.

I'm praying for a change. I hope this is it.

I feel you Pierre. 3 Daughters, work in 2 states with side work too. I'm pulling for you.

Hope it works out for you brother. I feel like all I can do with the little bit of spare time I have is catch up on sleep.
I would love to see some more awesomeness!
Cheers and good luck.

Dang. I hope you get it. Quality of life is what's most important.

Good luck, sounds like a perfect gig for you.

Stefan

Sounds like you and Delbert could have a chat:biggrin: He recently posted something similar as far as burning out. I don't think I could work a full time job and have any energy to then work on something else at night even if it was enjoyable. Maybe Saturdays but that would be it for me.

Hope you get the new job, have quietly been admiring your knives since joining KKF.

Good luck, Pierre. I could tell something was up last time we chatted. Sorry I didn't hound you more.

Do what's best for you Pierre. I for one am always disappointed when I see talented craftsmen have to put their talents aside for "real life". Hopefully your new pursuit will work out and you (and we) get the best of both worlds!

FYI, I sold all my straights razors and am only keeping one which will become a family heirloom...that's right, my Rodrigue!

Do what's best for you Pierre. I for one am always disappointed when I see talented craftsmen have to put their talents aside for "real life". Hopefully your new pursuit will work out and you (and we) get the best of both worlds!

FYI, I sold all my straights razors and am only keeping one which will become a family heirloom...that's right, my Rodrigue!

Thats awesome! I'm glad you like it sir.

As for the new oppertunity, I have made the short list. Down to 3. :) Interview went well, so here's hoping!

So I was offered the position, and accepted! Just need to pass the medical. Should be smoother sailing from here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back