Japanese knife rack

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mute-on

Reaction score
Jon was selling a few of these a while ago, but the biggest only held 6 knives :(

I just finished making this one to hold 10 :) It's already 2 feet tall so I had to stop there … really need another couple of feet, but that would make it floor standing.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with this first attempt :wink:

Cheers,

J

McDoth-UxOQME-dkm_jhhLU5H0jwsga62XgHmInr6Q=w155-h207-p-no

looks great, what wood are you useing?

It's all in oak (dowels too, though I nearly used chop sticks:) - I assume it's local, so probably Tasmanian oak.

J

You did a beautiful job, I wish I had you talent, I have been wanting something like this for a long while. I did get two smaller but I think it's just to much in my kitchen, anyway just a beautiful job.

Looks really good and displays the knives really well, bit too easy for the mrs to get to them like that for me though:biggrin:

You did a beautiful job, I wish I had you talent, I have been wanting something like this for a long while. I did get two smaller but I think it's just to much in my kitchen, anyway just a beautiful job.

:O gee, Fran. Thanks for the compliment. It's really a pretty basic design. Surely someone local could make one?

J

I went looking for something similar and couldn't find any? where are the smaller models sold?

Korin has some small ones, can't imagine how much shipping would be to oz. And op that's a nice rack:wink:

You know what, I will try my hand on one of these

very nice. simple and elegant, just the way i like it :biggrin:

I'm still trying to design one my self, the hold 5 knifes, but i want it to hold a small petty on the top. so is getting a lot of angles, not is to get right ;-)

Reviving a five year old thread...

Thanks to @Mute-on for the initial inspiration and answering many questions as I plodded on. Thanks also to @Kippington for starting off the project with sawing and drilling. Although Justin created his in a single afternoon, I took >2 months. Not the actual labour, just overthinking everything. Hopefully, my second one will be a walk in the park. :)

upload_2019-9-24_12-58-45.jpeg

Back