• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS watanabe gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today im looking to sell my watanabe 270mm gyuto. Its carbon clad blue 2 steel that has unreal edge retention that is unsurpassed by any other carbon knife ive ever used including AS. The steel is hard, not sure how hard but noticeably harder than the typical 60-61hrc gyutos. Still sharpens up nicely, no problems with chipping whatsoever. The profile is a push cutters dream, comfortable to use as an all arounder. The knife has been etched, so the the reactivity of the cladding has been reduced a great deal, it will still react a little if you're not careful but not nearly as bad as most clad carbon. The handle is keyaki an upgrade installed by watanabe. This knife took almost 2 monthes to arrive when ordered, as sometimes customers have to wait for watanabe to actually make the knives before shipping. The nice thing here is that this wat doesnt have a wait time :wink: Just something to keep in mind. After shipping, and handle upgrade this knife was $460 new. Today im offering it for $400 obo.
Thanks

This is a GREAT knife. I've been using it the last couple weeks so I know what I'm talking about. If it wasn't a 270, it wouldn't be up for sale, as I'd have bought it offa Craig already. If you're a pro looking for a bulletproof workhorse, this is your dance partner. Very solid performer across the board.

damn i miss this knife! was a bulk prep monster, consider it an elite steel/blade. highly recommend this if you're a pro who's looking for large genuine badass workhorse.

I have also used this same exact knife when panda first got it. This is such a great knife. Damn I wish I the money for it.

Haha where'd the money go from the Deba I just bought from you? This would be mine if I wasn't on a stainless kick right now :)

Haha I know I will, but I'm trying to focus my money on a kit that can travel and be at home on the ocean (private yacht work). That said, my most recent purchases beside the suisin inox have been a white steel carter and a white steel doi.

Just a heads up, watanabe will be increasing their prices 15% soon. In several monthes this knife would cost around $510-520ish instead of $460. Food for thought. Ill drop the price to $380. Also, watanabe knives are hardened to hrc 63-65.

Back