Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video about making boards for KKF contest

Video about making boards for KKF contest

Hello
    I made special video when making these boards. I tried to show the whole making process to answer the possible questions.

Thanks for watching!

Woowwww Seriously professional
    I dream of a workshop like that, I have used a friends Festool sander like your one and also tried his chop/mitre saw, they are expensive but you can feel the quality

Didn't plan on watching the whole video but couldn't stop. Your efficiency is impressive and you have clearly thought out the process. Couple of questions. Why glue the throwaway wood to the added walnut sides, wouldn't the clamping hold them in place? Why trim off some of the sides to make a perfect size? It makes the last row of wood a different size. I would either change the size of the rows so it worked out for the size you want or leave it as is - who cares if they are getting more board than they paid for.
    Cute twins, they looked like Troika figures.

Great video. It's very nicely done.

The twins are really cute.

Quote Originally Posted by WarrenB View Post
    Woowwww Seriously professional
    I dream of a workshop like that, I have used a friends Festool sander like your one and also tried his chop/mitre saw, they are expensive but you can feel the quality
    Thank you. The Festool tools are very good and work for years. I'm tired of changing tools every yearю

Quote Originally Posted by Bill13 View Post
    Didn't plan on watching the whole video but couldn't stop. Your efficiency is impressive and you have clearly thought out the process. Couple of questions. Why glue the throwaway wood to the added walnut sides, wouldn't the clamping hold them in place? Why trim off some of the sides to make a perfect size? It makes the last row of wood a different size. I would either change the size of the rows so it worked out for the size you want or leave it as is - who cares if they are getting more board than they paid for.
    Cute twins, they looked like Troika figures.
    If I understand you, the sacrificial rails glued to walnut are nessesary to save the pattern while planning. They also provide a softer entry the blanks into the planer. The last row of wood a different size is nessesary to make a "brick wall" pattern in the next step.

This video is really fascinating to watch. Thank you for showing us how you put your boards together!

That is a seriously good video! I had fun watching it all the way

amazing video. I got nervous there when you free handed the finger slots. After the contest, I'll definitely be looking into ordering one of these bad boys.

Very enjoyable video - you have quite a workshop there!