Video about making boards for KKF contest

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtmwood

Reaction score
Hello
I made special video when making these boards. I tried to show the whole making process to answer the possible questions.

[video=youtube;X0VnmVMP2TI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0VnmVMP2TI[/video]

Thanks for watching!

Woowwww:bigeek: Seriously professional:2thumbsup:
I dream of a workshop like that, I have used a friends Festool sander like your one and also tried his chop/mitre saw, they are expensive but you can feel the quality:biggrin:

Didn't plan on watching the whole video but couldn't stop. Your efficiency is impressive and you have clearly thought out the process. Couple of questions. Why glue the throwaway wood to the added walnut sides, wouldn't the clamping hold them in place? Why trim off some of the sides to make a perfect size? It makes the last row of wood a different size. I would either change the size of the rows so it worked out for the size you want or leave it as is - who cares if they are getting more board than they paid for.
Cute twins, they looked like Troika figures.

Great video. It's very nicely done.

The twins are really cute.

Woowwww:bigeek: Seriously professional:2thumbsup:
I dream of a workshop like that, I have used a friends Festool sander like your one and also tried his chop/mitre saw, they are expensive but you can feel the quality:biggrin:

Thank you. The Festool tools are very good and work for years. I'm tired of changing tools every yearю

Didn't plan on watching the whole video but couldn't stop. Your efficiency is impressive and you have clearly thought out the process. Couple of questions. Why glue the throwaway wood to the added walnut sides, wouldn't the clamping hold them in place? Why trim off some of the sides to make a perfect size? It makes the last row of wood a different size. I would either change the size of the rows so it worked out for the size you want or leave it as is - who cares if they are getting more board than they paid for.
Cute twins, they looked like Troika figures.

If I understand you, the sacrificial rails glued to walnut are nessesary to save the pattern while planning. They also provide a softer entry the blanks into the planer. The last row of wood a different size is nessesary to make a "brick wall" pattern in the next step.

This video is really fascinating to watch. Thank you for showing us how you put your boards together!

That is a seriously good video! I had fun watching it all the way :)

amazing video. I got nervous there when you free handed the finger slots. After the contest, I'll definitely be looking into ordering one of these bad boys.

amazing video. I got nervous there when you free handed the finger slots. After the contest, I'll definitely be looking into ordering one of these bad boys.

You saw I use stop on the one hand. And I remove only 10 mm of material. It is not dangerous.

Great looking boards sir going to enter this contest now and cross my fingers

gorgeous stuff. Really impressive indeed. Wish you lived in north america, would make shipping more reasonable but that is beyond your control of course lol. Nice work

gorgeous stuff. Really impressive indeed. Wish you lived in north america, would make shipping more reasonable but that is beyond your control of course lol. Nice work
Thanks!
I was surprised that sometimes Russian Post shipping costs to North America and even to Australia are lower than to Europe. - http://mtmwood.com/shipping_terms.php
For example, 2 kg (4.4 lbs) - to London, Berlin - 32 USD, to New York, Toronto - 26 USD, to Sydney - 29 USD.

First, the kids are ADORABLE!!!! So cute in their snow suits.

Secondly, awesome video. Loved every minute of it. You are very talented, thank you for sharing with us :)

ETA: just checked out your website. Beautiful!!

First, the kids are ADORABLE!!!! So cute in their snow suits.

Secondly, awesome video. Loved every minute of it. You are very talented, thank you for sharing with us :)

ETA: just checked out your website. Beautiful!!
Thank you!
Winter is too long in Russia. We are waiting for spring.

Latest posts

Back