Quantcast
Smilie/emoticon virus?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Smilie/emoticon virus?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    348

    Smilie/emoticon virus?

    My antivirus software has just blocked a potential 'backdoor' threat(sounds dodgy) when I was adding a smilie/emoticon, it was ok until I clicked on the 'more' button then it popped up and blocked a threat and did it again when I tried it, been fine up until just now. Everyone just be careful and hopefully the mods will look in to it

  2. #2
    Yeah, adobe gave me a Trojan horse warning when I pulled it up.
    Available handles- [url]http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkriggen/library/Available20handles[/url]

    Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by mkriggen View Post
    Yeah, adobe gave me a Trojan horse warning when I pulled it up.
    It's still happening this morning

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Marcos, Texas
    Posts
    710
    I cant' duplicate.

    What browser are you guys in?

    Also, what is the antivirus you're using? I've found a couple tend to throw off fake warnings to get people to upgrade.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I cant' duplicate.

    What browser are you guys in?

    Also, what is the antivirus you're using? I've found a couple tend to throw off fake warnings to get people to upgrade.
    Just tried it again and the threat is no longer popping up.
    One laptop was using Firefox and McAfee and the other was using Chrome with AVG Free, both showed the threat for 2 days and both are now clear.

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Marcos, Texas
    Posts
    710
    Odd. If you get it again please let me know. I would also like to know the thread it happens in.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Odd. If you get it again please let me know. I would also like to know the thread it happens in.
    Will keep an eye on it, it happened in 3 or 4 different threads so I just stopped clicking the 'more' button, maybe the extra emoticons page got hijacked for a short time?

  8. #8
    I was using chrome with avast
    Available handles- [url]http://s64.photobucket.com/user/mkriggen/library/Available20handles[/url]

    Rule #1- Don't sweat the small s%&t, rule #2- It's ALL small s%&t
    Mikey

  9. #9
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Marcos, Texas
    Posts
    710
    Quote Originally Posted by WarrenB View Post
    Will keep an eye on it, it happened in 3 or 4 different threads so I just stopped clicking the 'more' button, maybe the extra emoticons page got hijacked for a short time?
    I'm not showing anything that would indicate that.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    I'm not showing anything that would indicate that.
    Ok that is good to hear, weird occurrence really, never had it pop up on any website previous or since, seems nobody else apart from mkriggen noticed it, maybe we were the only ones who wanted more smilies

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •